Aero Precision Bolt Action! "SOLUS" I'm in Love!

OP
Gingerman

Gingerman

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like it comes with it's own wrench right there in the box, lower left corner.
That is a barrel nut wrench. Action wrench goes into the action to tighten to barrel.

Titan_Bow

WKR
Cool to see them finally available. They announced this at last years SHOT show but didn’t release it last year. When they announced it last year, I wasn’t thinking anything about AR’s being outlawed, I just figured they wanted to take advantage of the popularity of PRS and the whiz bang chassis hunting rifles coming out.
However in light of recent legislation, seems like it might have been a good move LOL. I noticed Stag Arms introduced a bolt gun at SHOT this year, probably other AR manufacturers out there looking to get into the bolt gun thing. This could be a win in a few years as competition usually drives the price down some and the quality up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Gingerman

Gingerman

Lil-Rokslider
I'll have plenty of time to admire my action. AP hasn't released the action wrench yet.

Just curious if you've been able to put the solus to use yet? First Impressions of it in action?
I haven’t had a chance to shoot mine yet, waiting on a barrel from Carbon Six in 6mm Creedmoor. Should be in any time, I ordered it mid February. I know Gingerman has got his together and shot it, maybe he can give an update on how he likes his.

OP
Gingerman

Gingerman

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious if you've been able to put the solus to use yet? First Impressions of it in action?
Preface: I buy stuff to test and I don't get married to it. If its a POS I say it is. If it is a sweet piece of kit, I say that too. I also owned or own 59 some types of bolt actions ranging from 1892-2022 manufacture date.

I put the SOLUS on a 243AI CBI barrel nut rig and put about 1000 rounds through it in that form. 1/8-1/4 MOA 10 shot groups on a regular basis. I have the pics.
I have the SOLUS on a Bart CF 308 origin pattern prefit barrel with about 100rnds in the 308WIN form. Insane accuracy. Just Insane with 168 Hornady Amax and even better with 154 Hammer HHTs. Pics too!
The action is solid, sleek, and if I were you, I would not deny yourself the opportunity to get the SOLUS in that M24 308 version the have now, if you are into 308 WIN. I dropped the SOLUS in the 17" SOLUS chassis. Balanced like a dream. That Aero chassis is an MDT ACC lite, but with way less snag free bits going on in the buttstock area.

I now have the SOLUS in a M700 Pro because it has a folding stock. Bit heavier than I want. Aero comes out with a folder for their chassis and one would be remiss to not own.

FYI: I tried to blow my face off with a catastrophic over charged proof load. The action vented the gases away from my face and I suffered no injury. I did have to replace the dual ejectors, springs, and retaining pin. Still runs like a champ.

IMG_9685.jpeg

IMG_9980.jpeg
Smoked an African Watusi longhorn with SOLUS in MDT TIMBR stock🤙
IMG_9565.jpeg
IMG_9896.jpeg

Last edited: