Adult onset FNG from WA

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
Hello,
I'm an adult onset hunter from Washington. I've hunted deer and elk the last two seasons without having an opportunity to notch a tag yet. I did have a great time last year helping a youth hunter successfully harvest his first bull elk. I’m an experienced backpacker and mountaineer but have only recently started to re-purpose those skills for scouting for game. I have competed in NRA high power mid-range and long-range matches at the local, state and national level. I’m learning from mentors, books, podcasts, youtube and this forum. I’m looking forward to joining the discussions, learning from others, and finding ways to contribute.

M1

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Very cool... I love to see new guys getting into it... it's what we need to keep our pastime alive..
Looks like you have a great attitude also... I'm from Wa. you have any questions feel free to PM and I'll try to point you in the right direction...

SwiftShot

WKR
Welcome to the group and the state. Tip, do a lot of bear hunting. Get you out glassing and finding bears conveniently right before elk season. Oh they are usually in the same space. Plus bears kill the hell out of elk and deer.

OP
TheM1DoesMyTalking

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
Very cool... I love to see new guys getting into it... it's what we need to keep our pastime alive..
Looks like you have a great attitude also... I'm from Wa. you have any questions feel free to PM and I'll try to point you in the right direction...
Thank you for this offer!

OP
TheM1DoesMyTalking

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome to the group and the state. Tip, do a lot of bear hunting. Get you out glassing and finding bears conveniently right before elk season. Oh they are usually in the same space. Plus bears kill the hell out of elk and deer.
Good point! I have been looking at how early and long the fall bear season is and have decided to take advantage of that this year.

rascalon

FNG
Hey there. I'm from Western WA. Left NYC for Mt Adams and never turned back. I'm also looking to begin hunting...

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrAP