Adjusting Bergara B14 Trigger Question

H80Hunter

WKR
I noticed today when I grabbed my Bergara Hunter off the rack that there was a small screw in front of the trigger that was very very loose. I snugged it back up. The manual doesn’t indicate what it is, but DOES explain how you have to remove the stock to get to the screw adjustment trigger (in a different spot).

What does this screw do? It didn’t seem to have an impact on the trigger pull.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 4FEF5845-EFC2-405F-B613-7579FBA0F229.jpeg
    4FEF5845-EFC2-405F-B613-7579FBA0F229.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 47
The same screw on my B14 Squared Crest trigger is sticking out pretty far like it is almost ready to fall out. I would also like to know about this screw on th trigger.

OP
H

H80Hunter

WKR
That’s how I noticed mine it had back out a ton and seemed on the way to falling out or getting in the way of the actual trigger but apparently no one knows. May have to call Bergara.

OP
H

H80Hunter

WKR
I took mine out of the stock and I’m pretty sure that is the trigger pull adjustment. It just doesn’t match the diagram in the manual.

I just removed my stock and the screw at the front of my trigger was loose and almost ready to fall out. I used some Vibra-Tite VC-3 to lock it in place.

I also just sent a message to Bergara to ask about what the screw in front of the trigger is for and that my screw was loose right out of the box on my new B14 Crest. Waiting to hear what they say.

Last edited:
I also just sent a message to Bergara to ask about what the screwin front of the trigger is for and that my screw was loose right out of the box on my new B14 Crest. Waiting to hear what they say.
Have not heard from Bergara yet.

Over the
Never heard from Bergara about the trigger screw. I just put some VC-3 on it and screwed it back in till I felt resistance. No more loose screw.
over The phone a bergara tech said this is the new trigger pull adjustment. He said they have not updated then owner’s manual and they will be sending new manuals outs to everyone. Why do they come shipped in the verge of falling out? Poor quality control I guess? I’m guessing when the screw is loose or out the trigger pole is at the minimum and if you tighten that screw in until it starts to develop tension would be increasing spring pressure. Or the tech was full of SH**. I was starting to think it was some sort of a trigger lock

Matt9122

FNG
It is the trigger adjustment. It can be removed and will work at the lightest pull weight. No big deal, just adjust it to where you like it.

It is the trigger adjustment. It can be removed and will work at the lightest pull weight. No big deal, just adjust it to where you like it.
Well the Bergara manual shows/states that the adjustment screw for the trigger is on the back side of the trigger assembly and the stock has to be removed to adjust it. Someone here has talked to someone at Bergara and they said that they changed their triggers and the adjustment is now exposed like the trigger tech trigers where you do not have to remove the stock to adjust the trigger and Bergara is suppose to be sending out new manuals to address this.
Right now no one has received a new updated manual so everyone is going by what has been exposed here or waiting for the new updated manuals. From what I have researched, Rifle Basix is the company who makes the adjustable triggers for the the B-14 Timber, B-14 Ridge, B-14 Hunter, HMR, and BMP as well as the Wilderness Series line of rifles. I think some people would just like some concrete info about a trigger change from Bergara.