Adding weight to a composite stock

S-3 ranch

WKR
My new ruger 375 has a hollow stock in the butt , it kick’s worse then a mule ( 54 lbs of recoil @ 7lbs ) I need to add some weight! And was thinking about some Lead filled pipe, about how much weight should I use to tame the beast? And not knock it out of balance terribly? I’m thinking 1-1 1/2 lbs + some foam stiffer.
TIA

ruger messed up this design for sure ( glad I didn’t buy the 416 )

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
I cut a stock down, added a board to screw the but plate into into. added a couple of fishing weights, sprayed some foam in and then added a limbsaver pad.... and found out that it is really easy to get too much weight added. Leadfilled pipe will be way to much. Start small, try it for balance before finalizing.

Anyone need a Ruger stock cut down for youth? Recoils will be minimal with the weighted stock. ITs not crazy heavy but more than i was shooting for

BLJ

WKR

I’ve used sticky wheel weights with success in the past. You can go a half ounce at a time and get it dialed in however you want.

I’ve never used them in anything larger than a 6.5C, but they’ve never come loose from recoil after they are stuck down.

Maybe duct tape or spray foam if you think the recoil may affect them.