Adding MOLLE to Kifaru for the ultimate upland vest

OneGunTex

FNG
So I want to start out by saying how awesome my wife is. To the single roksliders - find you a girl as skilled and supportive as this, they're out there.

I was getting laughed at by the guys at the dog training club for using a 40yr old bird vest with the bandolier shell holders and no pouch that could contain a live pigeon or hold a water bottle or anything. But at the same time, i'm not about to spend $350+ on a Final Rise vest. So, with a pheasant hunt coming up where i'm expecting to cover a lot of ground, decided to fit some pockets to my Kifaru frame. I love how versatile MOLLE webbing is, but there's 1 problem:
The Kifaru frame doesn't have webbing on the back of the belt, to attach a bird bag.

Here's where the DIY comes in: my wife recently picked up sewing as a hobby and was more than happy to add some carefully positioned webbing to the back of the belt. We attached a top strap between the 2 lowest frame attachments, and there's a piece of paracord around the front pulling it tight. Theoretically could have done individual pieces to get 3 tight MOLLE slots, but this is entirely adequate.

Now I can run a Sherman pocket with water, first aid, etc on top, pouches around the waist, bird bag with high ties up to the Sherman pouch, and even a custom MOLLE training pouch on training days!

Only thing is that the frame is a little tall and i'm not quite sure the best way to get the Sherman pocket tight. Might trade for a 22" frame at some point. But this thing is awesome!

Attachments

• PXL_20241020_134905521.jpg
    PXL_20241020_134905521.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20241020_135942902.MP.jpg
    PXL_20241020_135942902.MP.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20241020_201805452.jpg
    PXL_20241020_201805452.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 28

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Looks great! I haven't handled a Kifaru frame before, but are you able to slide the belt off? I am trying to understand how she got those 4 lines of stitches on the lower row. Best part of MYOG is the customization

OP
OneGunTex

OneGunTex

FNG
Looks great! I haven't handled a Kifaru frame before, but are you able to slide the belt off? I am trying to understand how she got those 4 lines of stitches on the lower row. Best part of MYOG is the customization
Yes, the black piece with the logo wraps all the way around and is attached to the lumbar pad. Undo the Velcro, and the belt comes off.