Accupoint or s&b

nightant

FNG
I have the Accupoint 1-4 green triangle post. I like it. Very light, very good glass, very forgiving eyebox and eye relief.

sdupontjr

WKR
Trying to talk my self into the klassic or a nxs. Hard to drop the money though.

Buddy of mine has an NSX and if you don't dial, save the $$$. Also, if you're not dialing, then glass trumps all, get the Klassik or Accupoint depending on your budget. If you are wanting to dial, then the reliability of the Nightforce is hard to beat.

OP
S

slowjeeo

FNG
Buddy of mine has an NSX and if you don't dial, save the $$$. Also, if you're not dialing, then glass trumps all, get the Klassik or Accupoint depending on your budget. If you are wanting to dial, then the reliability of the Nightforce is hard to beat.
I think the klassic with the p3l has a zero stop, similar to the vx2 cds? Limited to just under one rotation?
Can I expect variable klassic to be reliable? I think the fixed 8 that form tested passed? I can't tell if that one has a capped windage turret. I definitely won't dial windage, might dial elevation playing at the range.

sdupontjr

WKR
Reliability won't be an issue. My SB Polar has only 1 rotation of elevation but its 9.9 mil I believe. But I don't use it to dial, its my low light setup so I haven't moved it since resetting zero at 100 yards. Hypothetically speaking, which I have never shot that far, on my ballistic sheet for one of my loads. The 155 lapus scenar with a stout load of Varget shoots right at 2900 fps from my T3 lite 308. Given the ballistics and speeds, at 1000 yards, it would require 9.06 mils which is right at my Polar limit. So depending on your usage, 1 turn may be all you need.

Last edited:
OP
S

slowjeeo

FNG
I'm ok with one turn. I have other rifles to use for playing at the range if they ever open the 600 yard line. Mostly just want the ability to dial if I have a opportunity.
Really leaning towards the s b.
I am planning on a few of the fixed swfa's for 2 or 3 other rifles. Thinking about a couple of the 6x and a 20x. I bought the x bolt to be the do it all hunting rifle.

sdupontjr

WKR
I had a custom rifle built on a Rem 700 a while back that had my Klassik 2.5-10x56 on it. It had capped turrets. Just to give you an idea of what they look like. It did have illumination thus the knob on the left of optic.

20181101_182829.jpg20181101_182839.jpg

Macintosh

WKR
I think the klassic with the p3l has a zero stop, similar to the vx2 cds? Limited to just under one rotation?
Can I expect variable klassic to be reliable? I think the fixed 8 that form tested passed? I can't tell if that one has a capped windage turret. I definitely won't dial windage, might dial elevation playing at the range.
If you search in this site there are a bunch of posts on the klassik 3-12x42 scope. You can purchase it with capped turrets, or with an exposed elevation turret, or if you get capped you can have the exposed turret added afterward by schmidt and bender.
There are two versions. Up until this summer the exposed turret (s&b calls it their “bdc” turret) had 3.2mils of travel and cannot be dialed past that point—thats enough to get to 500-650 yards depending on your cartridge and your elevation where you are shooting. This summer they made a 4.8mil version available. Even close to sea level that gets almost any cartridge to 600-650 yards or so.
Unless you pay s&b to add a turret to the windage knob, all of the above have capped windage.
Both versions of the bdc turret do have a zero stop.

Like I said, do a search, this scope has plenty of information already written about it on this site.

brolo

FNG
Kenton might make a turret for it.
Thanks for the tip. I emailed Trijicon and Kenton and got quicks answers. You can get a different turret from Trijicon, but nothing that locks or has a zero stop. Kenton only has tape for that model, not turrets.

I'd go with the accupoint if you're counting ounces, if not the NF SHV 3-10x42 for what you're using it for.
You can leave the cap off the elevations if you know you're going to be in a dialing situation.
I have one of my shv's on an xbolt and really like it.
I think you'd be pleased with either the accupoint or shv.

Attachments

• 20230318_230905.jpg
    20230318_230905.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 15
OP
S

slowjeeo

FNG
Is that the x bolt speed? How easy is it to get behind the scope with the rail and a 30mm?
The accupoint seems like it would be great. But if the glass is that much better in the shv/nxs or the schmidt I don't mind a weight penalty.

Is that the x bolt speed? How easy is it to get behind the scope with the rail and a 30mm?
The accupoint seems like it would be great. But if the glass is that much better in the shv/nxs or the schmidt I don't mind a weight penalty.
Yes it's the xbolt speed ovix.
It's very easy to get behind and has a very forgiving eyebox. Mine is mounted in the dnz tactical one piece, I think it saved 5ish oz over the Warne rail and rings.

I don't have an accupoint to give you a comparison but I'd say they're both going to be good enough glass quality and definitely better than the vx3 you're coming from.

It really depends if you want a set and forget scope (accupoint) or a set and forget/also dial if you want (shv)

I'd look for a used shv in the classifieds and find a good deal on the accupoint and get both if you can swing it. Then compare, everyone's eyes and eye relief needs are different. But I don't think you could go wrong with either.

OP
S

slowjeeo

FNG
I probably could swing a shv and accupoint and skip the schmidt. If nothing else it's and excuse to buy a other rifle to put a scope on. Thanks for the advice.

Randy11

Lil-Rokslider
Is the terrible glare on the Klassiks a well known thing? I love mine, but it does terrible when I'm shooting in to the sun at all. Much worse than my Meoptas.