Access to Gospel Hump in Idaho

generalist

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone familiar with what access is like around mid-November? Square mountain, Buffalo Hump areas.

BluMtn

WKR
That is a million dollar question. If the snows are late no problem. How high in elevation you wanting to hunt. You can stay low by adams work center on the north or camp off of NF-221 on the south side. Or camp off the Gospel Hump Rd. But I would stay close to the road that time of year if it were me. Go to Idaho Snotel web site and check snow fall history for mountain meadows or Secesh Snotel. They are to the south of the hump but can give you a little data as to timing of snow that time of year.

The answer is there's usually not access mid November. You can risk it but you could get snowed in really easily. If you're trying to get into 19, there's a huge access bottleneck with only a couple entries, especially in the late season. You could join everyone and their dog at Wind River.

OP
generalist

generalist

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. Just what I was looking for. I'm coming in from out of state and the only time I'll have to scout is a trip in September. Guess I'll start looking elsewhere.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Some locals in the selway zone hunt off snomobiles in the late season. They know the amount of snow required to push them on there migration patterns.