ability hunt your own property?

rayporter

WKR
you just cant predict what the anti crowd will think of next. i missed this one.

legislators in New Jersey introduced a bill last month that would change the state’s regulations for hunting on private land. Assembly Bill 3732 calls for an expanded safety buffer that would prohibit hunters from nocking an arrow or carrying a loaded weapon within 450 feet of any occupied building in the state. A3732 would also require private landowners in the state to notify neighboring landowners before they could be allowed to hunt on their own land.

it has to be in writing and the response has to be written as well.

I remember practicing with my bow in town while in grade school. So did all the rest of the kids. My closest neighbor and I take turns shooting coyotes in the front field.

This is just another reason to continue my decision to not go east of Minnesota. My largest fear is watching some of these east coast ding dongs move west and their desires to fix our lifestyles and laws to match what they left.

I favor a law that says they can't run for office until they have lived here for ten years. Maybe that would slow the insanity of the coasts.

7Bartman

WKR
Absolutely absurd. Do private property rights no longer apply? NJ is a joke. I live in MD and I worry about these implications as well. Fortunately, deer densities are a big problem here as well and the car insurance lobby wants us managing the urban deer population.

I'm not much into the urban scene, is it that common to hunt 150 yards from someone's door?

If hunting with archery equipment, that close to a different property owner, can you really expect to recover that animal without needing permission from them anyways?

Are their any limitations to the size of the property this applies to? Or any landowner be it 4 acres or 400 needs to notify the neighbors? I think most my neighbors are notified anyways tho.

7Bartman

WKR
I'm not much into the urban scene, is it that common to hunt 150 yards from someone's door?

If hunting with archery equipment, that close to a different property owner, can you really expect to recover that animal without needing permission from them anyways?

Are their any limitations to the size of the property this applies to? Or any landowner be it 4 acres or 400 needs to notify the neighbors? I think most my neighbors are notified anyways tho.
Here in MD, in many counties is 150 yds away from an occupied structure. For some urban counties it's less of archery. I have a few urban properties, where I have a narrow window of trees that I can hunt and still be legal.

Here in MD, in many counties is 150 yds away from an occupied structure. For some urban counties it's less of archery. I have a few urban properties, where I have a narrow window of trees that I can hunt and still be legal.

So I guess you need like 340 yards between houses.

That doesn't seem obsurd to me, but that's cause I get tired of people sitting on my property lines. Like I said, how many times can you hunt a situation like that where you won't need to go onto another property to retrieve anyways?

Tmo2295

FNG

Half the trophy deer in NJ are probably shot off the back porch where your neighbor can have a front row seat from their second floor window

ANY & ALL no matter the amount of land

7Bartman

WKR
So I guess you need like 340 yards between houses.

That doesn't seem obsurd to me, but that's cause I get tired of people sitting on my property lines. Like I said, how many times can you hunt a situation like that where you won't need to go onto another property to retrieve anyways?
Yeah, retrieval ends up being a big issue. I try to take good shots and get to know the neighbors beforehand.

ANY land owner no matter the amount of land

So does it go to some sort of zoning?

Or is it just sending a letter to neighbors saying, hey, I'm hunting my property?

I don't want any additional hoops, but that doesn't exactly seem like a big deal unless they can somehow deny you the right to hunt your property by not consenting.

Lots of places you need to post your property to prevent others from hunting it. Actually seems like the same burden, just opposite.

Lmao spot on

You shot John Deer!!

I can't believe you would do that!

While half the neighborhood is fed up with the deer eating their hosta's.
But it makes for great pics for the gram, just make sure no pools, sheds, or play sets are in the background.

I can't talk, I shoot them on ag fields.