AB Raptor 2 supressor?

Currently waiting on approval (45 days) for my 8 stacks. Wondering if anyone has experience with the two stack? I know volume is the king when it comes to suppression but at less than 4” and 4.5 oz, it could be great option for light weight hunting rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The size difference is a drop in the bucket for something 3-4 ft long and 7+ lbs. If it does mean that much, you save another few inches and ounces by not putting any suppressor.

ElPollo

WKR
I have an 8-stack and would think you won’t want a 2-stack after you shoot it. They are great cans.

Short cans like the 2-stack are poor compromises in terms of decibel and recoil reduction. Most people I know who’ve tried small cans have not been happy with them. And in the US, you’re stuck with it. If you really want to cut weight and also get some benefit, you’re better off with a brake and foam earplugs. But I hate brakes. I will take the weight of a can any day over one of those loud bastards.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I have not used the AB raptor 2, but I think your raptor 8 will be worth the extra ounces with the increased sound suppression

Last edited:
What cartridge? I have a hard time believing a 2 stack would be worth the stamp and wait. The 4 is awfully loud, I'd go at least 6 stack or consider a different brand if weight is a concern

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I have an 8-stack and would think you won’t want a 2-stack after you shoot it. They are great cans.

Short cans like the 2-stack are poor compromises in terms of decibel and recoil reduction. Most people I know who’ve tried small cans have not been happy with them. And in the US, you’re stuck with it. If you really want to cut weight and also get some benefit, you’re better off with a brake and foam earplugs. But I hate brakes. I will take the weight of a can any day over one of those loud bastards.
I have an 8 stack, and a 3 inch reflex lives on it (I got it hot, and could not get it unscrewed by hand, should have used anti-seize).

I would consider a 6 stack as a dedicated 223 can on a hunting rifle, but that sounds like the smallest I would want for shooting without ear pro, and only for something with a small powder column, like a 223 or 6 ARC. I don't think I would go any smaller though, and I would want it to match bore size for the additional 1-2 Db drop in sound that can give, which pushes me away from it because then it will only be a 223 can and something like 6 ARC would not be an option in the future. Perhaps, if I get a collection of cans I might do that some day.

I'm equally inclined to get a 10 stack for a more better muffler. It would be lighter than the 8 stack with a reflex, and probably give about the same amount of suppression at the cost of a little length.

I view really small cans, like the 2 stack as an upgraded flash hider, rather than as a downgraded muffler. Though, that is based on reading, not personal experience.

Butcher8

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely love it. Shot a Raptor 8, and sounded awesome, and that was comparing it to a CGS Hyperion.