A Southern California Booner black bear with a bow

TheGDog

WKR
The "Steve" you mention, that wouldn't happen to be "SteveHazard" on here, would it?

So... 5600ft... and somewhere where you can bike in up to 20mi? Coolio. There's only a few places that'd fit that description in AngelesNF, by my reckoning. BTW... are you sure where you took him was not part of areas that are supposed to be closed to hunting ATM? (Just saying that based off where I think you likely took him)

If you want another potential partner during this upcoming year, for both the hunt and scouting hike-ins, let me know. I'm down in North OC, next to the Los Alamitos training base. I just request at least 2 weeks lead-in time for scheduling the outings in my families calendar of events.

-G

The "Steve" you mention, that wouldn't happen to be "SteveHazard" on here, would it?

So... 5600ft... and somewhere where you can bike in up to 20mi? Coolio. There's only a few places that'd fit that description in AngelesNF, by my reckoning. BTW... are you sure where you took him was not part of areas that are supposed to be closed to hunting ATM? (Just saying that based off where I think you likely took him)

If you want another potential partner during this upcoming year, for both the hunt and scouting hike-ins, let me know. I'm down in North OC, next to the Los Alamitos training base. I just request at least 2 weeks lead-in time for scheduling the outings in my families calendar of events.

-G
You're going to accuse him of poaching and then ask to be his hunting partner?

OP
type2bowhunter

-G
Different Steve. And your guess on location is incorrect.

Pankowsj

FNG
My biggest regret from my time in Southern California is not getting out more… I let the drive times get in the way (LA County) there’s some cool stuff to see out there, including that beauty of a bear. Enjoy!

TheGDog

WKR
You're going to accuse him of poaching and then ask to be his hunting partner?
Damn, some people do trippy math...er...I guess interpretation. I didn't accuse him of sh!t. I just know a place the fits his description, that I've personally had face-to-face bear encounters at, that is just barely located within an area of prior burn. It'd be extremely easy for somebody to not know they don't want us in there still, so I mentioned something to the guy, cause it'd suck if he could possibly get in trouble.

Man...talk about wanting to stir up some sh!t. Let's just all loose and freely make wildly damning accusations before asking questions first!, Eh? Geez!!!

bohntr

WKR
Damn, some people do trippy math...er...I guess interpretation. I didn't accuse him of sh!t. I just know a place the fits his description, that I've personally had face-to-face bear encounters at, that is just barely located within an area of prior burn. It'd be extremely easy for somebody to not know they don't want us in there still, so I mentioned something to the guy, cause it'd suck if he could possibly get in trouble.

Man...talk about wanting to stir up some sh!t. Let's just all loose and freely make wildly damning accusations before asking questions first!, Eh? Geez!!!

Perhaps a private reply to him would have been more appropriate.

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome bear. Did Steve make his flight? He didn't shoot because he had to leave the next day, but then you did and he stayed to help is the way the story reads to me. Now thats a heck of a hunting partner, and sounds like you owe him if that's true lol. Thanks for taking us along virtually.

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Exactly what I was referring to. Your original question/concern was perhaps better suited for a private message?
Your question didn't need to be asked either, as the OP said in his post (and this is reflected in the quote so looks like it was there from the beginning even though the post was edited that same day) " the following month our area of Southern California saw record rainfall. The first 10 days of January 2023 our area had double the rainfall of all of 2022." So unless socal has two January's in a row... It's pretty obvious to me that the hunt was in December.

TheGDog

WKR
Exactly what I was referring to. Your original question/concern was perhaps better suited for a private message?
Ok... so.. wanting to educate myself here... what about that question makes it more appropriate for me to have posed it to the gentleman in a PM?

I didn't disrespect the man. I just asked a question.

Seems like everybody ELSE are the ones somehow having a "problem" with it. Sure seems like the guy just answered it and that was that.

OP
type2bowhunter
Awesome bear. Did Steve make his flight? He didn't shoot because he had to leave the next day, but then you did and he stayed to help is the way the story reads to me. Now thats a heck of a hunting partner, and sounds like you owe him if that's true lol. Thanks for taking us along virtually.
He did stay and suffer with me! And he made his flight, he definitely wouldn't have made it if he had made the kill because of the time needed to take the head to the state biologist and deal with the hide and meat. And I certainly owe him big time, I'm sure he'll cash in come September.