A question of ethics? ....conscience?

Sounds like the neighbor enjoys growing the veggies, and the neighbors buy it all each year from what your saying.

Seems like your idea would just ruin a good thing and piss of the whole neighborhood

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
You go to a garage sale. You see an item you're familiar with and it's marked below market value.
You KNOW that at the marked price, you can sell it for a nice (not exorbitant) profit!
Are you obligated to inform the seller you intend to sell the item for a profit?

While I don't think I'm "legally" obligated to reveal my plans, am I morally/ethically "obligated" to inform him of my plans?

Also, even though his price is below market value, his profit is up in the 90% range.
It's your neighbor, not some stranger at a flea market. I couldn't do it, just to make a few bucks. You have to live with your decision.

As someone who has done the market garden before and farmers market. I'd gladly sell at wholesale prices to NOT have to go and deal with the farmers market. Also most farmers markets are now requiring you to grow what you sale because there was a ton of people buying everything at wholesale and saying they grew it all.

def90

WKR
Buy cheap from him and be happy about it and at the same time tell him he could easily mark up his produce and make more money.

If you are here looking for guidance you already know what you as the asking is a jackass move and are looking for some sort of jackass approval.

packer58

WKR
Profiting from his goodwill "low prices" towards the neighborhood is just wrong in every way, he's obviously doing this because of his desire to just do it and not for the money ........ trying to profit off his back is a pretty shitty move ..... JMHO