A nation of wimps?

manitou1

WKR
Yes we are.
I spent 35 yrs in the military. The change in our young men is drastic. In attitude, work ethic, physical ability and moral turpitude.

There are exceptions, but those exceptions are few.

I don't believe the entire nation has gone soft. We get pushed a narrative of masculinity being bad, but when I look around with the people I surround myself with I see strong men, fantastic women and young kids raised right. I think the need for God and good men and a strong family unit has never been higher. As I type this im rocking my 2 month old son to sleep. I have faith in him.

My grandpa raised my dad to be a hard working badass of a man.

My dad raised me to be tough.

My son will be the best of me and best of my wife. He will go forward into the world and hold himself and the people around him to a higher standard. Through my actions I will show him the kind of man I am and give him the tools he needs to grow up to be a strong, but kind man.

I don't believe the future is bleak. I believe it's worth fighting for.

2531usmc

WKR
Yes we are.
I spent 35 yrs in the military. The change in our young men is drastic. In attitude, work ethic, physical ability and moral turpitude.

There are exceptions, but those exceptions are few.
Some pretty interesting stories coming out in regards to companies firing new employees just graduating from college. Entitled and lazy seems to be a pretty common thread. So much so that some firms will not hire kids just out of college. Just too many problems

Last edited:
I think back just 25 years and I remember us boys doing things that kids now a days would never do or simply can't do. The crowd I hung around was inherently tough. Sadly, some of us died either proving it or trying to prove it.

Makes me smile when I see men actually teaching their sons how to do men things. I see a lot of it on here. Thats good parenting.

Today, almost everyone is too busy on their stupid cell phones. Just ask a 15-year-old boy to pound a nail into a chunk of wood. Stand back and watch. Thats all you will need to see to prove that we are weak as a nation. It's sad.

Nation of wimps? That explains the Harris/Walz ticket

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
When I was 5 yrs old I died once and my Mom told me to get up and walk it off! When we were kids we were told to go out and play and not to come back in the house until either lunch or dinner. Didn't matter how old we were. The only rule was that we had to be within whistle distance when the street lights came on. My mother used to say that whenever she went looking for us she never looked down. It was always up because we were either in the trees or on roof tops running around. Like others have said kids now a days spend way too much time on their phones or in front of TV's playing games. Even grown ups in their late 20's and early 30's have no clue how to do things for themselves. If you use the wrong pronouns they become absolutely unhinged! I could go on and on but it would just tick me off pretty quickly!

Every year we eat at least twice the amount of wild game and fish than we do store bought meats. I probably have 10lbs of deer jerky now. I had my kids in the dove fields with me when they were 3 and 5. We would let them run around stupid having fun until shooting time started. My son and daughter shot their first deer when they were 8 and 9. I taught them to clean them and butcher them. They both could survive in the wild on their own if need be. Thankfully my wife is a country girl who will stand toe to toe with most anyone!

OP
Amos Keeto
When I was 5 yrs old I died once and my Mom told me to get up and walk it off! When we were kids we were told to go out and play and not to come back in the house until either lunch or dinner. Didn't matter how old we were. The only rule was that we had to be within whistle distance when the street lights came on. My mother used to say that whenever she went looking for us she never looked down. It was always up because we were either in the trees or on roof tops running around. Like others have said kids now a days spend way too much time on their phones or in front of TV's playing games. Even grown ups in their late 20's and early 30's have no clue how to do things for themselves. If you use the wrong pronouns they become absolutely unhinged! I could go on and on but it would just tick me off pretty quickly!

Every year we eat at least twice the amount of wild game and fish than we do store bought meats. I probably have 10lbs of deer jerky now. I had my kids in the dove fields with me when they were 3 and 5. We would let them run around stupid having fun until shooting time started. My son and daughter shot their first deer when they were 8 and 9. I taught them to clean them and butcher them. They both could survive in the wild on their own if need be. Thankfully my wife is a country girl who will stand toe to toe with most anyone!
When I was a kid on the late 50's, we would spend Friday afternoon on top of the garage, throwing dirt dauber nests at the Watkins man! 😉👍