A health revolution brewing?

180ls1

WKR
Considering the plague starvation has been on society and continues to be to this day, us *solving* for that is a huge accomplishment. To this day there are people still starving to death.

That said, "we" are a mirror of those companies/politicians we criticize. Please remember alcohol sales (alcohol is a neurotoxin) were at an all time high during covid. Quit putting crap in your bodies and making poor choices and much of this will go away. People say they want that but their actions tell a different story.

Yoder

WKR
Considering the plague starvation has been on society and continues to be to this day, us *solving* for that is a huge accomplishment. To this day there are people still starving to death.

That said, "we" are a mirror of those companies/politicians we criticize. Please remember alcohol sales (alcohol is a neurotoxin) were at an all time high during covid. Quit putting crap in your bodies and making poor choices and much of this will go away. People say they want that but their actions tell a different story.
It's such a shame people are still starving in this world. Every time I go to the grocery store, I look at everything and think of how much food is wasted every day. A lot of it winds up going to feed animals. That and people in this country are literally eating themselves to death. This world has the ability to stop hunger today. Unfortunately, there is no money in feeding the starving or it would have happened years ago.

Thanks for the recommendation OP; I'll add that book to my reading list. I've been diving down lots of health-related rabbit holes in recent years. For those with an open mind willing to entertain alternative viewpoints on health/medicine/nutrition, here are some other names to check out. I don't fully agree with everything these folks say—and some of their theories are pretty far out there—but they provide some interesting food for thought:
  • Paul Saladino - best known as carnivore diet advocate but also discusses many other topics on his podcast
  • Nina Teicholz - nutrition, author of The Big Fat Surprise
  • Thomas Cowan - heart health, cancer, vaccines
  • Thomas Seyfried - Tripping Over the Truth is a good layman-oriented introduction to his ideas on cancer
  • Stephen Cabral - discusses a wide range of topics from a "functional medicine" perspective on his podcast
  • Dan Stachofsky - health effects of electromagnetic radiation
  • Wim Hof - deep breathing, cold therapy

180ls1

WKR
Thanks for the recommendation OP; I'll add that book to my reading list. I've been diving down lots of health-related rabbit holes in recent years. For those with an open mind willing to entertain alternative viewpoints on health/medicine/nutrition, here are some other names to check out. I don't fully agree with everything these folks say—and some of their theories are pretty far out there—but they provide some interesting food for thought:
  • Paul Saladino - best known as carnivore diet advocate but also discusses many other topics on his podcast
  • Nina Teicholz - nutrition, author of The Big Fat Surprise
  • Thomas Cowan - heart health, cancer, vaccines
  • Thomas Seyfried - Tripping Over the Truth is a good layman-oriented introduction to his ideas on cancer
  • Stephen Cabral - discusses a wide range of topics from a "functional medicine" perspective on his podcast
  • Dan Stachofsky - health effects of electromagnetic radiation
  • Wim Hof - deep breathing, cold therapy

Yeah, I would be careful with Paul. This is 1 of many examples.

feanor

WKR
It’s a good listen. I was shopping with my wife yesterday and really started to scrutinize some of the labels of things that we normally get, and it was depressing how much garbage is in everything.
Wild game is a great start to a healthy diet since you can build around that protein and add other things to it.
I consider myself blessed to be able to get elk and deer for my family.

It’s a good listen. I was shopping with my wife yesterday and really started to scrutinize some of the labels of things that we normally get, and it was depressing how much garbage is in everything.
Wild game is a great start to a healthy diet since you can build around that protein and add other things to it.
I consider myself blessed to be able to get elk and deer for my family.
Truth.

We try and eat as close to natural form as we can.

Marble

WKR
I grew up in a home where my mom made all of our food, and we learned how to eat properly. We appreciate healthy food. I managed health food stores while in college and learned even more about supplements and how foods can heal. Became a cop at 23 years old, did shift work, exercised, probably drank too much alcohol and got colorectal cancer at 37. Survived that. Got thyroid cancer at 45. Skin cancer at 47. Maybe my drinking (although much less than others I hung out with and knew) was the cause, maybe the shift work, maybe exposure to stuff at work, genetics...idk.

I live a very healthy lifestyle. Barely drink. Exercise nearly daily and eat real food. When I'm in the grocery store, I rarely buy anything from the middle of the store. I just shake my head at the absolute unhealthiest items I see in people's carts there.

We may have cutting-edge medical treatment in this country, but we have 3rd world education level standards when it comes to teaching health and nutrition in school.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

2 different weekly injections that are toxic and can cause cancer in order to prevent going blind.

I figured it was because I jerked it too much as a kid ;) I'm starting to think it's diet or something else I've been exposed to a lot in my life.

1000001552.jpg

mb6355

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone should watch that interview at least even if you do not read the book also realize that over 90% of what has been added to our foods was approved using this regulation - GRAS (generally recognized as safe).

What the interview really highlights is how the "science" and regulation has been captured and controlled by the industries. Almost all med schools are majority funded by the pharmaceutical corps and the FDA and other government agencies as well. Basically "the science", in many cases is just part of goalseeking process to prove whatever additive or chemical is safe and the bar is extremely low since all it has to be is "generally-regarded-as-safe".

I am 57 and it amazes me what people look like now compared to when I was in my 20s and early 30s. Not only is it the obesity, but just their overall mobility, many struggle just to walk in and out of stores. This has become much to prevalent to just be consuming too much food, it is what is in it to a large degree.

It’s our heavily processed foods and the American desire to be fixed “right now.”

I have worked in health care for quite a while. People want a pill to fix everything. Doctors give them whatever they want because it’s easier than listening to people whine or being sued.

The fact of the matter is, most peoples health issues could be fixed with some diet modifications and getting up off their fat assess and moving around.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
It’s our heavily processed foods and the American desire to be fixed “right now.”

I have worked in health care for quite a while. People want a pill to fix everything. Doctors give them whatever they want because it’s easier than listening to people whine or being sued.

The fact of the matter is, most peoples health issues could be fixed with some diet modifications and getting up off their fat assess and moving around.

Doctors give them "whatever they want" because they either have a financial incentive to prescribed something or they received little actual training/instruction on dietetics.

wnelson14

WKR

Agree with half of what you are saying (mostly the last sentence) , but the doctor gets back end incentives and have a customer for life if they don’t actually fix the problem in the first place. yes most people are blind to this and aren’t educated when it comes to what’s actually wrong with them, but the doctor litterly has no upside to fixing the person. Doctors should be paid on long term fixes.

bigbassin

Lil-Rokslider
There were 2 other people besides me at the gym this afternoon. 6 cars in the McDonald’s drive through, 5 more cars at Zaxbys.

Source of the problem seems pretty straightforward to me.

No one gets out of here alive. Focus on your own health. You can't change anything else.

I went to a water park recently and I was overwhelmed with how extremely overweight most people are. It is a shame. When every other Commercial on TV is a Drug Manufacturer you know it is out of control. As I check out at the grocery store I am amazed at the absolute junk people have in their grocery carts. My wife and I cook at least 25-28 nights out of a month. We eat out maybe three to five nights a month. Then we take left overs for lunch.

I am amazed at how many people do not even cook their own meals. I was even more shocked recently when I ordered a Large Cheese Burger Meal with Fries and a Drink and it was over $12.00!