80 grain hammer hunter powder choice, charge 6.5cm

Trackselk

WKR
Looking for some recommendations for running the 80 grain hammer HH bullets in 6.5cm. This is my close range rifle, out to 300 yards, so I'm not worried about getting the full 3600ish fps potential out of this bullet, and hoping to use one of the following 4 powders I have on hand. Please let me know what you think would be the best to try first, and I haven't had any luck yet finding load data for these powders with any 80 grain bullets in the 6.5cm. I even struck out with my XXL subscription. Will a load book have anything nearly this tiny (80gr) in a 6.5cm? I just need to find a safe starting charge. I did find load data for cfe223, and it was one of the fastest for this particular combo, and I could use it for my 223, so if I have to, I'll get some of that. Thanks for any advice.

- preferred powder choice. RL17, I have excess...
-Hodgdon lever
-staball 6.5
-superformance

A382DWDZQ

WKR
Probably RL17 just from a quick peek at QL. If it were me, I would start at around 48gr and work up. Looks like a compressed load will get about 50fps higher than Lever or CFE223 at 62,000 psi depending on your barrel length.

OP
Trackselk

Trackselk

WKR
Their website doesn’t list any of your powders for the 80-85gr.View attachment 646497
I usually end up finding a mono of the same weight and using that beginning charge for the ladder. This time I might have to find a lead bullet starting point.

*found a buddy that's going to trade me for some of the powder on hammers website

Last edited: