7mm rem mag barrel length

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
Is it stupid to cut a good shooting Tikka 7mm rem mag to 18" to accommodate a suppressor?

I'm interested to hear if cutting it that short will still make it loud and concussive with a silencer. I ordered a hyperion k.

My use case is variable from truck hunting to backpacking. Factory ammo.

If I were to scrap that idea should I get a Tikka 6.5 or 308? CO hunting with 6mm minimum.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

matthewmt

WKR
I dont own a 7mm but I do have a 7mm ss tikka bbl sitting around for one day if I decide to go that route but I would think 20" would be effective

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
B

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
I'd like to hear and will probably listen to what @Formidilosus recommends. I'd also like to ask you if it's better to install a 5/8" collar with a big enough shoulder at 90° or if it's better to get a tapered shoulder for the hyperion k.
Thanks.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Tweeder

FNG
I’m also having a 7 mag cut down to 18’’ for a suppressor. Did any one end up doing this? If so what were the results. Just looking for a handy deer rifle 400 yards and in.

Only reason I’m doing it is because I don’t use that rifle much anymore and I have a bunch of factory 7 mag that I need to burn up. Shorty with a suppressor I’d actually find a use for

Tweeder

FNG
I cut my 7rm t3x to 20" for suppressor
Love it
150's at 2950 or 168's around 2770 top end
That sounds good, I’ll let you know what I’m getting with an 18 once it’s done. I was thinking I could load some 139 lrx after I burn up the factory ammo and I might have a pretty sweet shooter

OP
B

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up getting a 6.5cm Tikka and cutting it to 18". I'm still gonna keep the 7mm mag and use it as a backup this year.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk