7mm PRC short barrel?

B23

WKR
I have two brand new Bartlein 8.5tw .284 barrels on the shelf waiting to get chambered and fitted. One is to be finished at 22 the other 26, both, are 3B contours. I was all set to have one chambered in 7 PRC but now I'm second guessing myself on that and thinking about doing another 7mm Blaser mag instead. Decisions, decisions.....

My plan is 18" on one and 20" on another. My barrels are steel and they are 1.20" straight full length at 26". I'm going to have them cut and threaded and then heavy fluted by LRI with their Murder Hornet fluting. Might just cut them both at 18".

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I have a 20" carbon six blank coming for a 7 PRC build - I've heard Gunwerks say 2840 with ELDM 180g and 20" barrel, and Hornady said 2910 with the 175 ELDX as referenced above. I think the gwerks load was one they worked up so a bit slower, they said something like not a ton of time to get a load dialed in (meaning it wasn't factory ammo).

Sevens

WKR
Went with the exact same, I beleive on the Hornady podcast on the 7PRC one of the guys was getting 2910 with a 20" barrel and the factory 175 eldx
Either of you guys have you C6 barrel yet? That is also who I ordered with. Curious what the turnaround actually was.

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
My C6 barrel shipped this week, order was placed second week of November. So around 1.5 months. I was in on the very beginning of the sale. They have posted on the hide that they are at 1.5-3 month turnaround currently. If you ordered towards the end of the sale, probably the upper end of that timeframe

TxLite

WKR
I’ve got an 18” c6 barrel on order. Ordered early November and haven’t received it yet

TxLite

WKR
My C6 barrel shipped this week, order was placed second week of November. So around 1.5 months. I was in on the very beginning of the sale. They have posted on the hide that they are at 1.5-3 month turnaround currently. If you ordered towards the end of the sale, probably the upper end of that timeframe
Have you had a chance to thread your barrel on yet? Any headspacing concerns?

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
Haven’t installed this one yet, but it is my second C6 barrel now and the first one headspaced just fine and shoots great.

Just curious - I also have a C6 barrel on order, but for a 308. I'm going to put in another order for a 20" 7prc now... With it being 20", what twist rates are you going with?