7-08 for lefties

162gr ELD-M
41.6gr Varget (41gr book max)
CCI 200
Lapua Brass
2.126” CBTO

I’m right at 2690 fps with a 20 shot ES 16 SD 4

This is above book max, so start safe and work up.
Those are excellent results. What is the rifle and barrel length?

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
22.5" Tikka Superlite. I Waited until roughly 200 rounds down the barrel before starting load development. Verified this velocity out to 600 yards. Those 162 ELD-M's are deadly at 7-08 velocities.
I would think the 162 gr SSTs would be as well for soft targets like deer and sheep, yes?

Ram94

WKR
I would think the 162 gr SSTs would be as well for soft targets like deer and sheep, yes?
I've only shot the SST in a 7RM so I cant say for sure. It would probably do just fine as most cup/core bullets benefit from non-magnum velocity. The ELD-M just holds its speed a bit further out.

Sorry OP for the de-rail.

Wags

WKR
I bought my son a Lefty Tikka superlite in 6.5 manbun that I am going to swap to a 7-08. Nothing against the 6.5 but I have a lot of bullets for the 7 as well as dies.

OP
jpmulk

jpmulk

WKR
Well for after some research, i think christianson arms or maybe browning are the only companies offering what I am looking for in lefty without completely breaking the bank or buying super cheap. Thanks for the input.

sambo3006

FNG
I have a left hand Sako 591 in 7mm-08. I love it. It feeds so smoothly that blindfolded you couldn’t tell if you were cycling the bolt empty or feeding a round. Accuracy is superb as well, well under an inch. It also holds 5 down in the mag plus one in the chamber.
You hardly ever see one come up for sale unfortunately. If you ever do, buy it!

WELL since no one mentioned it & BTW I am also a lefty! I would look at the Browning BLR in 7mm-08 its slick as bear grease and light as a feather.... couple of tweaks and they shoot lights out! Not to mention it's a lever gun....and its cool as chit!
Just saying bro....

Cheers

OP
jpmulk

jpmulk

WKR
WELL since no one mentioned it & BTW I am also a lefty! I would look at the Browning BLR in 7mm-08 its slick as bear grease and light as a feather.... couple of tweaks and they shoot lights out! Not to mention it's a lever gun....and its cool as chit!
Just saying bro....

Cheers
Im open to thinking out of the box. What tweaks? How far can you accurately shoot with it?

ZWA

Lil-Rokslider
I am a left that finally began swapping things over a few years ago. My most recent build is a 7 saw with WTO switch lug. My advice for a lefty is buy a long and short action in something you can do barrel swaps on without smith. All of my actions are either big horns with remage or switch lug setup. Keeps majority of funds tied up in 2 action/stocks/scopes then just swap barrel and cartridge as desired. Great balance for the quality/quantity thing.

cmc934

FNG
I am left handed. My favorite 7-08 rifle is a Browning BLR SS with gray laminate stock. Mine is very accurate and quick. Favorite bolt gun is LH 30.06 Tikka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk