6mm Creed Loads

Lawnboi

WKR
My first match gun was a creed, moving to dasher was the best thing ever. Stupid easy to load for and never have to tweak anything. Last barrel I ran the same exact load for 2,000 consecutive rounds
That’s exactly what I need. I can never justify more than 2 or 3 hundred cases on the creed because it’s gone so fast. Then I end up in trouble by the end of the year.

Next year I was going to shoot 223 with 85.5 bergers, got everything already, but I may do some 6bra Black Friday shopping.

khuber84

WKR
That’s about how old my last 2 8lbers have been.

Iv been trying to let off the gas a bit as I don’t want them going that fast. Should have moved to a br case years ago.

Good to hear, I’m also going to test some VV powder here soon, and I’m giving up on the 6 creed for a match gun. Thinking 6 bra will be my next 6mm.
Find lapua brass for ur bra. I went through many headaches with alpha, 3 different reamers, including alpha's spec spec reamer. Lapua 6br will run with alpha 6bra in 28" barrels with same psi signs on brass and from action. I love the alpha gt brass, but they have issues with br cases, beings the heads are so hard, the lower half of sidewall won't expand to grip chamber, you get bolt lift early from headspace growth. The alpha dasher brass with the longer side wall, does okay at 2850 fps w/varget, but N150 shows pressure intermittently. I have shot out a number of 6gt barrels, me preferred 6mm. But have had 3 bra's, a couple br, and have done load dev(or lack there of) on a few dashers.

ID_Matt

WKR
Find lapua brass for ur bra. I went through many headaches with alpha, 3 different reamers, including alpha's spec spec reamer. Lapua 6br will run with alpha 6bra in 28" barrels with same psi signs on brass and from action. I love the alpha gt brass, but they have issues with br cases, beings the heads are so hard, the lower half of sidewall won't expand to grip chamber, you get bolt lift early from headspace growth. The alpha dasher brass with the longer side wall, does okay at 2850 fps w/varget, but N150 shows pressure intermittently. I have shot out a number of 6gt barrels, me preferred 6mm. But have had 3 bra's, a couple br, and have done load dev(or lack there of) on a few dashers.
I have no experience with BRA but Alpha 6 dasher reamers and brass have worked great in 2 barrels for me at 2800-2850 FPS using varget. 8X firings and so far no sign of wear. GT sounds nice for a little more speed and being able to utilize H4350 or Varget, but I have fallen in love with AW mags with spacers so don't have any big motivation to switch unless I get a wild hair.

Sorry if this thread got side tracked but we never talk about comp cartridges on here so it is a fun tangent.

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv been using some alpha with similar results, some has been good, some left we with some head scratchers. I don’t know what is exactly going on but I have some ideas.

Anyways, off topic, but I don’t want to fire form, hence the bra with alpha. I also want a barrel that’s going to give me ~2k match rounds, that should do me a year, with practice and allow me to maximize my component purchases. Strictly sticking to 6mm and 105 hybrids as I have a couple thousand already. Would you just go 6br? I’ll be shooting n140, with no longer than a 24” barrel suppressed.

Once thunderbeast and the atf get done with the Magnus k RR I have on order maybe 6.5 creed will once again be an option, but until then I can’t deal with 6.5 recoil suppressed and be competitive enough for to satisfy myself…. I’m a mid pack shooter most days.

stv117

Lil-Rokslider
the Berger Elite and the SGC are the two most accurate bullets I've found to hunt with, the Berger is plenty good enough for 600yd IBS.

khuber84

WKR
the Berger Elite and the SGC are the two most accurate bullets I've found to hunt with, the Berger is plenty good enough for 600yd IBS.
My new 22" barrel shoots really well at 2940-2950 w/ H4350, 109 ELDMs, also rl26 does very will 3060-3080, Lapua brass.

My 24" havak ph2 likes 41.2gr H4350 going 3030 with 109 eldm, Lapua brass.

The 26" proof carbon prefit I have shoots really well with rl16, 108 elite hunter in Alpha srp brass, 3040-3050. It's a tight chamber and lapua brass barely has neck clearance, I had to use my 6mm throater to clean up the freebore as well. Prob why I got a very good deal on it with low round count. The only small primers I own, are CCI450, they get used in everything from 6br to 7saw.