6mm 95gr Hornady SST Interlocks

cnelk

WKR
A while back I was gifted a box of these bullets.
So the other day I reloaded up some with 35gr of Varget for my 243.
Haven’t ran them through a chrono yet.

Has anyone used these bullets?
On what?

Thoughts about them?

IMG_4397.jpeg

amassi

WKR
Shot quite a few deer, antelope. pigs and bears with 95 and 129 ssts in 6mm rem and 260 rem respectively
They wound like a match bullet but give up quite a bit of bc
I would expect dead critters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot quite a few deer, antelope. pigs and bears with 95 and 129 ssts in 6mm rem and 260 rem respectively
They wound like a match bullet but give up quite a bit of bc
I would expect dead critters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used those particular ones in a 6X45 and a .243. I have also used the 129 grain SST in a 260 Rem, and the 139 grain SST in a 7-08. They work great on deer and hogs, in my experience.

Mom killed a half dozen whitetail with that bullet when it was offered in the factory Hornady Custom load in her model 7. Never lost a deer. Blood trails weren't half bad. Accuracy was 1-1.25" but we've since replaced the stock trigger with a Timney and the rifle shoots way better so I have not doubt they would be a lot better if they were something still offered.

I don't load for mom's rifle. She doesn't hunt or shoot enough to justify the cost and her shots are usually inside 100yds so accuracy is plenty good for her shot distances. However if I did load for 243, the 95 grain SST or Nosler BT would be at the top of the list.

I did load the 140 SST in my 270. That was one bad dude. If I still loaded and had a 270, I would likely still shoot the SST.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Lots of big game kills with them. Deer and elk. They kill very well but can be extremely damaging to meat depending on shot placement.

I have tons of photos on my PC of vitals, wound areas, and broken bones if you want to see anything in particular.

KyleR1985

WKR
What’s the ideal impact velocity to minimize meat loss and maximize wound channel for a center of lungs shot with these?

Pick the perfect speed?

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Thanks for the replies.
Unfortunately I won’t be able to take this rifle/ammo on the next hunt to see performance as I didn’t get a chance to sight the gun in with the new ammo.