6.5 vs .30 suppressors on 6.5cm

wesfromky

WKR
This came up in another thread, but wanted to start a new one for easier reference. Might be useful for people as the start looking at builds and how many inches a silencer adds.

My take away is that if you are getting a L (9") can, it probably doesn't matter either way.
If you are getting a S (7"), then it matters enough to be noticeable.
If you are getting a K (5"), then it really matters.

Or, another way to look at it- if you have a 6.5cm, or smaller, you can buy a 5" 6.5 bore suppressor and get nearly the same performance as a 7" .30 cal can. Loose some flexibility, but drop 2" and a few ounces.

Andrew (co-owner of Otter Creek) posted this last night.
IMG_0337.jpeg

Samson7x

WKR
That was my train of thought behind getting a 6.5 ultra5. It will only be used on hunting rifles and 6.5prc is my current cartridge of choice. I also have a 30 ultra7 but I like having options. The U5 just got approved so haven’t compared them yet.

I have a DD enticer LTI with the 30 cal end cap and I shot it on my 20 inch 6.5 creed without ear pro and it is very quiet to my ear. The only other things I have to compare it to are a SC banish on a 30 carnivore and a Rex silentium on a 7 rem
Mag. Quieter than both of those by a good bit. I considered buying the 6.5 end cap but I swap it back and forth for my 7 SAUM and creed. If I rebarrel the SAUM to a 6.5 saum I’ll get the end cap at that point.