6.5 PRC suggestions

Hi all. Thinking of getting a 6.5 PRC for hunting. Have been looking at the Tikka T3x superlite, Benelli Lupo, Browning X-Bolt, and glanced at the Mesa/Bergara/110. I have a Lupo and Tikka and both are exceptional firearms.

Looking to spend around $1500 (though I am a sucker for a bargain) and would like the max weight around 7lbs. Any thoughts on the X-Bolt? Thoughts on the rest of the list? Anything not on that list that I should consider?

I would prefer something that has an adjustable comb and trigger.

Thanks!

A Seekins PH2 would be a bit above your desired spending number but it's what I'd personally go with under $2,000. It doesn't have an adjustable comb but to be honest unless you're using high rings I can't imagine you'd need it with that stock.

OP
GoM_Coaster
@JohnJohnson great suggestion, and the stock trigger looks just right, too. finish is a little wild, but what the heck. I have a little room in the budget for the right rifle. :)

Oh, they make other colors...

finish is a little wild
EuroOptic has PH2s available in 6.5PRC in 4 different colors. That was just an example I pulled up, though I confess I kind of dig the color but that's because I'm a mental child whose favorite color is orange.

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
if you just want to leave the rifle stock. check our the sauer 100. for the $1000 price point it is probably the best rifle on the market.

Reactions: BCD
Another option would be the Springfield Waypoint 2020 but I think they are a touch over $2k and believe they are a little over 7lbs. The couple I have shot felt amazing and they were tack drivers.

For almost double what the OP stated his budget was, I'd pass. Sounds like your fortunate not to have to use Springfield's CS. Glad they worked for you.
OP, not to put too fine a point on it but there's basically nothing that would steer me away from Seekins at the same pricepoint as it. The reviews on them are basically universally great and Glen Seekins has been a known factor in the precision rifle community for a long time.

If you want to save money and get a Tikka I'm sure it'll be just fine. But not aware of a brand that competes at the Seekins pricepoint if you choose to spend that much money.

sveltri

WKR
OP, not to put too fine a point on it but there's basically nothing that would steer me away from Seekins at the same pricepoint as it. The reviews on them are basically universally great and Glen Seekins has been a known factor in the precision rifle community for a long time.

If you want to save money and get a Tikka I'm sure it'll be just fine. But not aware of a brand that competes at the Seekins pricepoint if you choose to spend that much money.
x2 on the Seekins. TBH if I had bought my first Tikka before getting my Seekins I'm not sure I would've bought the Seekins. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about my PH2, but I now own a couple Tikkas and consistency across platforms would be nice.

big44a4

WKR
I have a fierce got on sale from bass pro for $1400 and it shoots lights out completely stock. Here was first day at range zeroing at 200 yards. Thats 4 rounds in final spot. Hit many steel plates out to 1,000 so far.

82c5aa7ca9f5b4d9f89fea7babb5c8a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
GoM_Coaster
Tikka in 6.5cm will do everything a prc will do with less recoil, cheaper ammo, and better barrel life.
My Lupo is 6.5. West Texas can offer some long shots and I am thinking about long range on an Aoudad and think the PRC is better suited for that purpose. If I burn through the barrel, so be it, but even if I get 1k rounds out of it that is 10 years at 100 rounds per.

Seekins PH2 is the best rifle in that price range by a ways.. I’d also consider an X-bolt (with a trigger spring upgrade)

Mulyhuntr

WKR
My Lupo is 6.5. West Texas can offer some long shots and I am thinking about long range on an Aoudad and think the PRC is better suited for that purpose. If I burn through the barrel, so be it, but even if I get 1k rounds out of it that is 10 years at 100 rounds per.
if you shoot beyond 750 at game then a prc may be worth it. Otherwise, no.