6.5 PRC ELD-X accuracy in Browning X-bolt

CG86

FNG
Last season I bought a Browning X-bolt Hells Canyon Speed in 6.5 PRC. At the time 6.5 PRC ammo was pretty scarce so I jumped on a bunch of Hornady ELD-X 143g precision hunter when I ran into some and it is the only ammo I have shot through it. Probably 60 rounds. However, I have never been able to get it to group well, especially out at 300 or 400 yards. Like 1.5 MOA.

Now before everyone goes and gives me tips on how to be a better shooter, lets assume for this conversation my shooting isn't the problem.

Has anyone out there had any experience with this same rifle and ammo set up? Any success stories or failures getting it to group well? My next step is to buy some different hunting ammo and see how the groups do, but before I take out a second loan on my house to do that I was hoping someone else already has been down this road and can provide some feedback.

Thanks

You can have two identical rifles and both may not prefer the same ammo.

Since it is not the shooter/rifle/rings/base/scope, buy a box of 147 gr Hornady Match and possibly a box of 143 gr Norma Bondstrike. Give them a go.

Costs must be low where you live where $54 and/or $70 would require a second mortgage.

highside74

Lil-Rokslider
I had a Hells Canyon Speed 6.5 Creedmoor. It shot sub moa with factory 143 eldx

michaema2

FNG
I have had two xbolt pro's in 6.5 PRC. Neither shot well, though they shot everything ok (~1.5 MOA). Tried numerous premium factory loads (Precision Hunter, Hornady Match, Nosler Trophy, Hornady Outfitter w/ CX)