6.5 PRC bullet help needed. I know squat

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
Hi everyone.

Not much of a shooter so looking for some advice. The closest store to me finally got some 6.5 PRC ammo, currently shooting Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X. I have zero issues with the bullet. I am planning on taking this gun on an elk trip and not sure how this bullet will stack up on an elk.

The other options are
-Hornady Match 147gn ELD
-Nosler Ballistic Tip 140gn
-Nosler Trophy Grade Long Range 142gn
-Barnes 127gn LRX BT
-Barnes 130gn TSX BT
-Norma Whitetail 140gn

I am I best suited to stay with the 143gn ELD-X or one of the above options. If it matters I am shooting a Christensen Arms Ridgeline FFT.

Thanks for all the help!

If that cartridge shoots well stick with it. It's a great bullet. Minimize your variables and stick with what works.

Many elk have been killed with that bullet fired from the slower 6.5 creedmoor.

Flyjunky

WKR
If it’s shooting that bullet well don’t mess with it, go kill one.

Benjblt

WKR
The only other one I'd try is the 127 LRX based on what I've heard... In fact I'm going to try it with my PRC.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

SwiftShot

WKR
That ELDX will do just fine. Most important part is putting the bullet in the right spot.

NWVeteran

FNG
I would shoot the 147 ELDM but if you’re dialed with what you have and are shooting accurately with it then leave it.

Hott_Shot

FNG
Use what your Rifle likes for sure. My Ridgeline loves the 147 ELDM. Contrary to what people may say, match bullets are not just for target shooting. I have harvested numerous animals with these bullets and have been very happy with the results! Good luck