6.5 PRC Berger performance

Started handloading for my rifle this year. I've been shooting black box Hornady. Shoots good and it does kill. The deer seem to take death run first though. Had one buck death run then stand dead in his feet for a few minutes with his butt to me before dying.

Decided to try Bergers. Got them shooting pretty good. Scheels has the 140 elites on the regular though I did get the 156's shooting a 15 shot mean radian of .3!

Anywho kid shot her buck Thursday right in the 10 ring at 325 with a 140. That buck went straight down! Just knocked him on his butt! Went in right behind the onside shoulder and broke the offside.

I've shot probably a dozen animals with this gun and that was the fastest I've had one go down other than a head shot doe.

Is this normal for Bergers? I ended up buying another box the next day!

On the flip side somehow she gut shot her doe at 200. Not even sure what happened because the doe was broadside standing still.
She hit in front of the onside back quarter and it came out the offside in front of the shoulder. No blood. Almost gave up but found her 100 yards away in the brush. Just one of those wtf hunting moments. Not blaming the bullet for her bad shot.
2666c2085c7cf53b080eee383a3cb3ca.jpg