6.5 Grendel for Pronghorn?

My 6.5 G is my rifle of choice for antelope. Killed 6 of them with 123gr AMAX going about 2600 fps. Perfect cartridge for them.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

You can kill pronghorn with a well worded biting insult, dont fret the grendel.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I had always heard and joked about that too... till 2 years back my wife shot one with her 30-06 and a 168 grain bullet... knocked her (antelope lol) flat after the shot... she stayed down... while we walked up, we laughed, hugged, took packs off - went to take pics and the darn thing jumped up and ran off... 6 hours later we finally caught up and finished her - autopsy shows it took out the top of 1 lung but mostly was that "void" between the lungs and spine... I couldn't believe that thing didn't die and lived that long. When we went to gut her, there was pretty much no blood... we joked it was a zombie antelope... only one I have seen be that tough.

So as always, shot placement is everything... I've killed 5 or 6 with the 6.5 creed with no issues - I'm sure the grendel will be great!

I had always heard and joked about that too... till 2 years back my wife shot one with her 30-06 and a 168 grain bullet... knocked her (antelope lol) flat after the shot... she stayed down... while we walked up, we laughed, hugged, took packs off - went to take pics and the darn thing jumped up and ran off... 6 hours later we finally caught up and finished her - autopsy shows it took out the top of 1 lung but mostly was that "void" between the lungs and spine... I couldn't believe that thing didn't die and lived that long. When we went to gut her, there was pretty much no blood... we joked it was a zombie antelope... only one I have seen be that tough.

So as always, shot placement is everything... I've killed 5 or 6 with the 6.5 creed with no issues - I'm sure the grendel will be great!
Noted!!

Back