6.5 creedmoor ammo reloading

canuk81

FNG
I have a savage axis in 6.5 creedmoor and i am trying to get a load for a hornady 130eld-m. I have limited access to powder i have IMR 4064 and H380. I cannot find any good info on these powders and i cannot get any accuracy. Is there anyone that could lend some help on loads? Sorry if this has already been discussed or beat to death.

BFR

WKR
Haven’t used those, found Superperfomance and H4350 worked best, IMR4350 was so so.
You might have better chance on the Reloading Forum.

kota

FNG
Can’t help much since I haven’t used either of your powders in 6.5. Hodgdon online reloading page does have some load data with 4064 and 130 grain bullets.

I have had good results with h4350 and h4895 if you ever get access to either of those.

Mnash

FNG
Honestly both of those powders are too fast for 6.5 creed imo. I would stick with at least a varget speed and preferably 4350. You’re going to be around 37 grains with that IMR and you won’t have very good case fill

kota

FNG
Honestly both of those powders are too fast for 6.5 creed imo.
No doubt. It’s also not a good sign if you can’t find load data in the common places. Doesn’t mean you can’t make safe ammo, but the odds of meeting your velocity or accuracy goals aren’t as good as they are with other options for which info is readily available.

OP, if you are stuck with those powders it might be worth looking at different bullet weights to see if you can find something more reasonable. I like faster powders with lighter bullets, and 140s are the standard in the 6.5 so there may be more info available in that weight. As an example, I use a moderate charge of h4895 to shoot little bitty groups with lighter 120 BTs. Its slower than molasses, but the accuracy is good. It’s a faster powder than what you have.