.375 h&h bullet selection

Singleshot

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for bullet suggestions for my 375 h&h to use on black bear and whitetail deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you hand load, you could make a reduced load with the sierra 200 grain flat point for whitetail.

That bullet is really for the 375 Win, but should work if you keep the velocity down.

dv808

FNG
Hammer bullets have sub-200gr options available in .375.

Sent from my XQ-BC62 using Tapatalk

wyosteve

WKR
If you don't handload, I'd think any of the 270ish soft points would work. Hornady ammo seems to be readily available in that configuration. I've used them on feral hogs and they've been devastating.

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
I use 260gn Accubonds for sambar deer in Australia. I recon they would be great on black bear. They would also be fine on white tail. My son shot a fallow deer spike with his 375 Ruger using a 260gn Accubond and it worked well.

BDWMT

FNG
Consider your max range and match the BC to your anticipated max range. Most options are low to really low BC and shed velocity rapidly. For example, my 375 Ruger pushes a 270 Barnes at 2900 fps but is under the minimum expansion velocity after 400 yards. I would choose a different bullet such as the accubond that would extend to 550 yards if I was taking it elk or bear hunting.

OP
S

Singleshot

Lil-Rokslider
What about some of the 230 grain options, such as the Speer hot core or Barnes tsx? Assuming you can find some. 375 bullets seem hard to find.

SDHNTR

WKR
Any one of them that comes out the end of the barrel and hits where you aim. For goodness sakes!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Any bullet out of a 375 will smack those animals you mentioned dead. I happy a good bit of 375HH and I in my opinion, the best bullets out there for the cartridge are the Barnes 250g ttsx and the 260g nosler accubonds/partitions.

OP
S

Singleshot

Lil-Rokslider
I think I’ll try the Barnes 250 and the Nosler accubond, are those readily available in Alaska? I’m having a hard time finding the accubond.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I think I’ll try the Barnes 250 and the Nosler accubond, are those readily available in Alaska? I’m having a hard time finding the accubond.

Accubonds have been tough, I got 4-500 of them on classified ads over the past few years and happened into like 450 of thr 260g partitions in a trade a few months ago. The Barnes were gone for a very long time but seem to be showing up again so I’ve recently bought a few boxes. Look for them at Grafs or the grice gun store online.