.338 win mag for MuleDeer

wyo2track

Lil-Rokslider
What bullets do you recommend based on your experience? My young hunting partner just got one like mentioned earlier in the thread, deer to moose would be the game.
225's are a great all around weight, good trajectory, good energy, especially if you reload. 200-210's you'll be able to flatten trajectory a little with a little energy loss compared to the 225's at longer ranges. But they all will kill deer to moose, no problem. I do like accubonds, they're accurate out of my rifle, both the 200 and 225 have killed elk for me. The 210 Nosler Partition is a staple in many elk hunter rifles. There's a cult following of 250's in Alaska and I can see that when shots are 250 yds and under. When you have to stretch it a little, 225 is a good balance. Of course the accubond and eldx with their higher bc will retain more downrange energy, but really, if your shots are inside 400, choose the bullet that the rifle likes best. I've killed quite a few elk with a 7x57 and 140 Remington core-lok bullets inside 300 yds so 225 gr .338 core-lock ammo would probably work just great too. Hard to find ammo these days for 338 win.