300WM vs 300PRC

TB225

FNG
Looking for advice on a new deer rifle in 300WM or 300PRC. Looking into purchasing a Browning xbolt spr max and wanting to hear pros and cons of each caliber. Thanks in advance

PRC is designed to shoot heavier for caliber bullets with higher BCs. Doesn't have a belt which is nice for reloading but not a big deal all the time.

There's more factory ammo options out there for 300 WM.

The cartridges are very close to each other in potential performance. In general, the PRC is a "modernized" version of the WM.

Honestly, unless you are reaching out 1000 yards, either is overkill if all you are going to do is hunt deer. I have a 300wm and it is a beast(and I love it!). I bought it primarily for elk and have shot deer with it, but if you are strictly deer hunting and keeping shots less than 4 or 500 yards they are both overkill. That said, I went with 300wm over prc just for ammo availability at the time. I've got a Seekins PH2, so it has a long chamber that allows for the bigger bullets as well (although I only shoot 178's.)

OP
T

TB225

FNG
Honestly, unless you are reaching out 1000 yards, either is overkill if all you are going to do is hunt deer. I have a 300wm and it is a beast(and I love it!). I bought it primarily for elk and have shot deer with it, but if you are strictly deer hunting and keeping shots less than 4 or 500 yards they are both overkill. That said, I went with 300wm over prc just for ammo availability at the time. I've got a Seekins PH2, so it has a long chamber that allows for the bigger bullets as well (although I only shoot 178's.)
Thanks for the feedback
Primary use will likely be within 300 yards for deer. Shots beyond that will be for practice, or if i have an opportunity to travel and hunt something different in the future