• Stupid omni-directional factory device

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What else?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IBA_270

FNG
Howdy all!

I am setting up 300WM and I'm looking for a few opinions on muzzle devices. I am not new to shooting by a long shot (no pun intended) but I AM new to this cartridge. What's the best all around device for recoil mitigation?

hiker270

WKR
A Limbsaver recoil pad goes a long way in mitigating felt recoil over most stock pads. Just about any muzzle brake does even better. A suppressor from my observation does 3 things. Helps with recoil, lowers decibel level considerably and reduces muzzle jump due to extra weight at the barrel end. Longer barrel rifles with a suppressor are no fun to carry for any length of time. Last year I carried a friends Gunwerks 28 Nosler with a 26" barrel and a suppressor and it was so barrel heavy I an still cursing him. Did shoot a cow elk at 631 rangefinder measured yards though so I guess it was worth it. I have shot my Tikka 300 mag with a suppressor a muzzle brake and without either. For extended range sessions I usually use the muzzle brake and when hunting no brake or suppressor. It goes without saying do not shoot a rifle with a muzzle brake without adequate ear protection.