$300 down 0 degree bag

isu22andy

WKR
For a backpacking trip . Recommendations ? Don’t need a super expensive one for a trip every other year . I’m 6 2 also .

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beagle001

FNG
If you want a quilt, I’ll firmly stand behind the HammockGear burrow. Depending on your options (and sign up for emails to get notified on their sales) you’ll be anywhere from $220-280 on the Econoburrow

For a backpacking trip . Recommendations ? Don’t need a super expensive one for a trip every other year . I’m 6 2 also .

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have two of the klymit ksb down hybrid bags. An XL 0 degree bag and Large 20 degree bag. The XL is massive, I am 6’5 250 and i can’t believe how much room I have in them. I used it on my spring bear hunt and got hot several nights when temps were in the high 20’s.

zacattack

WKR
Keep an eye on the classifieds or some of the FB groups for used ones. I’ve had good luck and have gotten some stellar deals.

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my sea to summit ascent III. I had to get the long at 6'2". Not completely in your price range but would be close if you found it on sale.

AdamLewis

FNG
Jacks R Better High Sierra Sniveler with a sewn in footbox, size 86"x55", would run $339. Not quite a bag but pretty bag-like. And in my experience warmer than the few other 0 bags I have slept in.

Decker9

WKR
Taiga works out of Vancouver might be worth a look. I run taiga and WM, my taiga is on par with my WM at about half the cost. I’m a lot shorter though so not sure on sizing.

gostovp

WKR
That Nemo stalker is a great deal. I’ve had it in my cart several times, can anyone tell me how it compresses?

I was orgazing my kit this weekend, and i thought of this as I was picking my sleeping pad...
Dont forget, the best insulated 0 degree bag in the world isn't worth a hoot without a quality insulated sleeping pad. Think of the both of them as a system. I learned this the hard way...used a low R value, warm weather sleeping pad in sub 15 degree Temps. I had to use all my extra clothing, jackets and space blanket under it to sleep through the nights