30% off everything @ SWFA

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
There's one on the samplelist for 30% off.
Sndmn11, in the future PM this stuff! :) This scope is already up for resale here.
I would have liked to have this one (to keep and use, not profit on) missed it by a minute or two when you posted this.

Appreciated your input either way!

amassi

WKR
Sort of on topic - anyone know the Butler Creek Lens Cap sizes for the 3-9x42 HD?

14 Eye, 30 Obj

All of the Butler Creek caps are a little different, the standard ones (which I prefer) do cross over with the Multiflex but there are less sku's with the later since they fit a range. I've never had one but for some reason it looks like the Blizzard uses its own sizing range. One could use the data from standard size to figure out which Blizzard they needed though.

I have a 3-15 I can measure at some point

Thanks. I used calipers to measure mine and came up with 1.95" objective and 1.62" eye, and 49.5mm and 40.9mm, respectively. Based on the Butler Creek website, that puts me at:
  • Multiflex - a smidge too wide for 13-14 eye and too small for 16-17-18 (what happened to 15?) and a bit too wide for 28-29 and a bit too small for 30-31
  • Flip-open - similar to above - in between 14 and 16 for eye, and 29 and 30 for objective.
  • Blizzard - looks like perfect for 5 for eye and 8 for objective
  • Element - EEP1 for eye and ESC50 for objective
If need be, I can just contact them to confirm, but I thought I would ask here first, including to see if anyone is using any other options - as I will probably order a set for my NF SHV at the same time.
The new style element 45-50 fits great.
Plus they fold flat

amassi

WKR
I like them better than the standard Butler Creeks. They snap shut with more authority and have a detent that allows them to fold flat and out of the way.
They're not nearly as robust as tenebrex, but they do a fine job at keeping moisture and dust out.

OP
Broomd

Broomd

WKR
Took a couple of months, but received the ultralight 2-10x32mm....
Patience is a virtue! :)

This one is going on my Forbes .308. Hoping to get sub 6lbs scoped.
Cool! I have been plotting on a new .223 and I’m thinking light, and that’s the optic I’m considering. Kind of leaning on one of the new howa minis and swfa UL primarily for calling lions and early season spring bear when I’m just covering country scouting green up, not sitting on a vantage waiting on yogi to show up

Would like a tikka but they sound hard to come by currently