30% off everything @ SWFA

dingle

Lil-Rokslider
Sort of on topic - anyone know the Butler Creek Lens Cap sizes for the 3-9x42 HD?

Thanks for the heads up on this, just put a 6x on back order for an upcoming Rokslide special

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Sort of on topic - anyone know the Butler Creek Lens Cap sizes for the 3-9x42 HD?
Same question please for the 3-15x42? And if they vary by model (Multiflex vs Blizzard, as examples), please let me know which.

Eluder

FNG
Same question please for the 3-15x42? And if they vary by model (Multiflex vs Blizzard, as examples), please let me know which.
All of the Butler Creek caps are a little different, the standard ones (which I prefer) do cross over with the Multiflex but there are less sku's with the later since they fit a range. I've never had one but for some reason it looks like the Blizzard uses its own sizing range. One could use the data from standard size to figure out which Blizzard they needed though.

I have a 3-15 I can measure at some point

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
All of the Butler Creek caps are a little different, the standard ones (which I prefer) do cross over with the Multiflex but there are less sku's with the later since they fit a range. I've never had one but for some reason it looks like the Blizzard uses its own sizing range. One could use the data from standard size to figure out which Blizzard they needed though.

I have a 3-15 I can measure at some point
Thanks. I used calipers to measure mine and came up with 1.95" objective and 1.62" eye, and 49.5mm and 40.9mm, respectively. Based on the Butler Creek website, that puts me at:
  • Multiflex - a smidge too wide for 13-14 eye and too small for 16-17-18 (what happened to 15?) and a bit too wide for 28-29 and a bit too small for 30-31
  • Flip-open - similar to above - in between 14 and 16 for eye, and 29 and 30 for objective.
  • Blizzard - looks like perfect for 5 for eye and 8 for objective
  • Element - EEP1 for eye and ESC50 for objective
If need be, I can just contact them to confirm, but I thought I would ask here first, including to see if anyone is using any other options - as I will probably order a set for my NF SHV at the same time.

sndmn11

WKR
Thanks. I used calipers to measure mine and came up with 1.95" objective and 1.62" eye, and 49.5mm and 40.9mm, respectively. Based on the Butler Creek website, that puts me at:
  • Multiflex - a smidge too wide for 13-14 eye and too small for 16-17-18 (what happened to 15?) and a bit too wide for 28-29 and a bit too small for 30-31
  • Flip-open - similar to above - in between 14 and 16 for eye, and 29 and 30 for objective.
  • Blizzard - looks like perfect for 5 for eye and 8 for objective
  • Element - EEP1 for eye and ESC50 for objective
If need be, I can just contact them to confirm, but I thought I would ask here first, including to see if anyone is using any other options - as I will probably order a set for my NF SHV at the same time.

On their scope accessories page, I think they have a butler creek cap "kit" for each model. You can purchase or they also state what sizes they are.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
On their scope accessories page, I think they have a butler creek cap "kit" for each model. You can purchase or they also state what sizes they are.
(Sorry to the OP for the tangent.)

Thanks! But I decided after reading some reviews and complaints about BC's to go with Aadlands. I know the cost is a multiple of the BC price, and a pretty high percentage of the cost of the SWFA and NF, but i'd rather buy and forget. And I suppose using covers puts me in the category of babying the scope, but I'd like to think I'm *just* babying the glass. I'm not going to get a full cover though!

dingle

Lil-Rokslider
On some models, like the 3-9x42 HD I originally derailed this thread for, the lens cap kit information is missing.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
On some models, like the 3-9x42 HD I originally derailed this thread for, the lens cap kit information is missing.
Ditto for the 3-15x42. If the lens caps had been there, I probably would have purchased a set at the same time.

dingle

Lil-Rokslider
Expected lead times from a phone call to customer service: 6x42 fixed 3-4 weeks from now, 3-9x42 HD around the beginning of the year.

ljalberta

WKR
Expected lead times from a phone call to customer service: 6x42 fixed 3-4 weeks from now, 3-9x42 HD around the beginning of the year.
If it’s actually around the beginning of the year, I will be pleasantly surprised. I placed a back order recently thinking it would be 12+ months of waiting.

Eluder

FNG
My 3-9x42HD just shipped... Also got a notice they are in stock. Still 30% off.