3 under with bow tillered for split?

jjd

FNG
I just started trad hunting last year and my bow was tillered for split, I didn't have a choice on that. Last year I shot split with a glove but practicing in the off season i like shooting 3 under with a tab better, I seemed to get a cleaner release. I read somewhere that you need to move your nock point up to shoot 3 under while practicing I moved it up 1/4 of an inch wanted to make sure this wont hurt my bow any and where a good place to start with the nock point before paper tuning.

jjd,

In the past, I was shooting all my split tillered bows three under. Every BW bow that I owned was spilt tillered, shot three under. I've even owned an ILF riser and played around with zero all the way to a positive 3/16". The bowyers try to get the tiller as close as possible to your needs, but the amount of pressure applied on the string from your string hand should dictate your final results. Some guys that shoot split pull heavy with their bottom fingers which could tend to pull the bottom limb more and vise vera.

In my situations my nock point movement was very minimal if any when playing around with my ILF and experimenting with tiller.

In terms of "hurting your bow" I would check with your bowyer or bow company, but for myself I've never had a problem.

The key in my opinion will be tuning. As long as you tune for it, it should be ok.

I agree with Ryan, you should tune for it and then it shouldn't be a problem. I am pretty sure they my Hoyt GM II is tillered for split fingers, but I shoot it three under and have for five years now with zero issues. I just make sure my brace height is good and go shoot.

Redhawk

FNG
pretty old thread, i have a BW tillered for 3 under but do prefer split finger, im thinking of asking BW about retillering for split finger but would assume this means die be losing a couple lbs of draw weight. any body ever done this?

Gen273

WKR
Redhawk,
In my opinion, there is no need to have it retillered, but I am sure that the BW guys will gladly give you the correct answer to your question. Just give them a call; they are very helpful!