Toelke chinook tune

Im shooting a 400 spine Easton axis at 31.5 with 200 upfront, 3 blazers and a nocturnal (have to use them for urban hunt). This is out of my 48@28 (28.75 draw) Toelke chinook tillered for 3 under. Does this arrow sound close for those with chinook tuning experience? I think it’s shooting a little stiff. 3 rivers calculated says my arrow is weak by 3 (bow 58, arrow 55). Thanks for the help

sveltri

WKR
That calculator has never been close for me at all. How’s your arrow flight, should be pretty easy to diagnose with the lighted nock. Have your shot through paper?

OP
S
That calculator has never been close for me at all. How’s your arrow flight, should be pretty easy to diagnose with the lighted nock. Have your shot through paper?
Increased brace from 7.5 to 7 3/4. Looks pretty good

Attachments

• EACC443A-2A36-47E7-8388-5AEEA8008DAB.jpeg
    EACC443A-2A36-47E7-8388-5AEEA8008DAB.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 15

Blasey

FNG
I haven't had much luck with those calculators either - they all say for me to shoot a stiffer arrow than what actually flies good and true. It appears your bow is digesting those arrows just fine but I am really surprised that you can get good flight with Blazer vanes - this might be covering up a spine issue due to them kicking off your shelf. Try tuning with just bareshafts and then just try some feathers on one or two arrows to compare to those vanes. I'm sure you will see a difference.

sveltri

WKR
Im shooting a 400 spine Easton axis at 31.5 with 200 upfront, 3 blazers and a nocturnal (have to use them for urban hunt). This is out of my 48@28 (28.75 draw) Toelke chinook tillered for 3 under. Does this arrow sound close for those with chinook tuning experience? I think it’s shooting a little stiff. 3 rivers calculated says my arrow is weak by 3 (bow 58, arrow 55). Thanks for the help
How long is your bow?

OP
S
I haven't had much luck with those calculators either - they all say for me to shoot a stiffer arrow than what actually flies good and true. It appears your bow is digesting those arrows just fine but I am really surprised that you can get good flight with Blazer vanes - this might be covering up a spine issue due to them kicking off your shelf. Try tuning with just bareshafts and then just try some feathers on one or two arrows to compare to those vanes. I'm sure you will see a difference.
I’m shooting off an elevated fishing line rest. Randy cooling has shot 2 “ NAP vanes for years of his recurves.

Moosehunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 60" Chinook 3 under 51# at my draw of 28"
350 spine 32" shaft. 212 grains up front with 5" feathers out back