3 Blade Single Bevel - Lusk reviews the Terra Firma Gladius

Bump79

WKR
Lusk just reviewed a cool head from Australia. I recently started stocking them in my store for US customers - pretty awesome head especially at the price point.

I watched the review. Looks like a really nice broadhead but I would prefer it in a double bevel. I shot a single bevel one year and didn’t see anything better about them on the elk I killed. I just don’t get this whole single bevel craze.

OP
B

Bump79

WKR
I watched the review. Looks like a really nice broadhead but I would prefer it in a double bevel. I shot a single bevel one year and didn’t see anything better about them on the elk I killed. I just don’t get this whole single bevel craze.
I don't disagree. The Valkyrie would scratch that itch with a similar design. Just at a higher price point. I do love just a solid 3 blade double bevel though

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
Never heard of them before, but you definitely have my interest. I've been using the Kudu Points Contour + the past few years and have been more then pleased with my results. Punching through a should has not been an issue and the head keeps on chugging. My one gripe is the lack luster blood trails. This type of head I would think would solve some of that.

OP
B

Bump79

WKR
Never heard of them before, but you definitely have my interest. I've been using the Kudu Points Contour + the past few years and have been more then pleased with my results. Punching through a should has not been an issue and the head keeps on chugging. My one gripe is the lack luster blood trails. This type of head I would think would solve some of that.
I personally think a 3 blade or a full 4 blade gives the best blood trails. These rotate some as well with the single beveling. So they'll give a little more damage than the normal 3b.
1000012503.jpg

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I had seen the Lusk video and could see the rotation still in the steel. Had the typical rotation seen from the 2 blade single, but with 3. I'm highly tempted to give them a shot

OP
B

Bump79

WKR
Seems like a royal pain the balls to sharpen.
It's not the easiest that's for sure. You have to free hand it. I've been playing around with different methods like a dremel or other assisted sharpeners. I've been free handing them on my worksharp belt sharpener and it's pretty easy that way.

The front you can lay flat to sharpen.

Plenty of people down here have been shooting them a lot. I have a mate who has been shooting them most of the fallow rut and afterwards this year and he has no complaints. I saw one he shot into a piece of granite and it held together and still spun OK. People have been buying small electric sanders or similar tools to sharpen them and they get them sharp really quickly.

I think last year he used mostly Kayuga Pilot Cuts but he's used a stack of different broadheads. I even gave him some Sevrs earlier this year and he may have shot one or two animals with them as well.

either way, the gladius has hit the market really well down here and they've already become super popular.

Terra Firma also have a 2 blade single bevel head called the Venator and I shot a few critters with them last year. Another great head.