3 blade broadhead recommendations

Wrench

WKR
Awesome thank you for your reply.I shoot a Toelke whip and its 48# at 28 draw but I pull around 29 so around 50# total. Im hoping this will be enough for elk this upcoming year.
Your whip will toss a 550 gr arrow about 165-170 fps.....which is more than plenty to 35yds.

I have a couple of them.

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a 3 blade guy and have been for years. If I ever run out of Snuffers I have some Woodsman sitting here waiting to get in the game. For those worried about the hiss of death, the animal doesn't hear that till it's past them or it's too late. That said I've considered the the solid VPAs. I may give them a shot some time.

Beendare

WKR
I'm a 3 blade guy and have been for years. If I ever run out of Snuffers I have some Woodsman sitting here waiting to get in the game. For those worried about the hiss of death, the animal doesn't hear that till it's past them or it's too late. That said I've considered the the solid VPAs. I may give them a shot some time.
I like those Snuffers...but the issue I had was getting them to spin perfect. It was a pita adjusting them...and then they weren't very durable as once they were through the critter and in the dirt- they were done.

Plus, they didn't sharpen perfectly on a long fine flat stone- the blades weren't always perfectly aligned.

Picky? yeah. The spinning was the big thing. The Snuffer SS was the same. Those ones from Custom King- Trailmakers were alright- but long and bent easy.

Best 3 blade I've used is the VPA- I shot the 150's for a few years- great head but expensive now.

I like those Snuffers...but the issue I had was getting them to spin perfect. It was a pita adjusting them...and then they weren't very durable as once they were through the critter and in the dirt- they were done.

Plus, they didn't sharpen perfectly on a long fine flat stone- the blades weren't always perfectly aligned.

Picky? yeah. The spinning was the big thing. The Snuffer SS was the same. Those ones from Custom King- Trailmakers were alright- but long and bent easy.

Best 3 blade I've used is the VPA- I shot the 150's for a few years- great head but expensive now.

Agreed.
If you shoot 3-blades, I don't see a reason to use anything except the VPAs (or their derivations like Cuttroats).

mgmicky

Lil-Rokslider
I mainly shoot wood arrows, and both the glue on 160 VPA and the Woodsmans have worked really well for me. And I like the simplicity of just laying them flat on a stone or file to sharpen.

Onski316

FNG
My vote goes for VPA's. I like the 200g version. Easy to sharpen which is my biggest draw to them. I can't sharpen anything for crap but I can get these to shave hair so that's what won me over. And they're economical and very, very durable.

I have been shooting the 250gr Valkyrie blood eagles for about 5 years now and I love them. 250gr on a 100gr brass insert, 675gr total arrow from a 54lb Bushbow. They have passed through at least a dozen hogs like they were made of paper. I learned how to touch them up with a ceramic rod until they pop hairs which made a difference also. I keep one as a practice head that has been through some rocks, a cinder block and a few fence posts by now. Could kill a pig with it tomorrow.