280ai reloading dies

Gobihawk

FNG
My custom 280ai should be done in November. I have 2 boxes 155 TSs,1 box of Nolser 140 BTs, 1 box of 160ABs, and 50 Nosler brass. Looking forward to see what my 280ai likes. What's your favorite brand of reloading dies?

83cj-7

WKR
This is the best setup for nearly every cartridge:
1 - Redding full length body die
1 - Lee collet neck sizer
1 - Forster ultra micrometer seater
1 - Lee factory crimp die

wyosam

WKR

I use that exact combo on several cartridges, and runout is as good or better as dies that I spent a LOT more money one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
I use somewhat the same combo with the majority of my calibers except I’m 50/50 on the ultra micrometer and the regular benchrest seating die (only difference between their function is the micrometer making adjustment easier) and I don’t use a crimp die on anything other than .35 Remington, .223 for my AR and handguns. I never crimp for my bolt guns.

Thanks for the replies. Where do you typically buy your dies at?

I get my dies from the following:

Precision Reloader
Midsouth Shooters Supply
Midway USA
Graf and Sons
Creedmoor Sports

In regards to which dies I use, I predominately use Hornady and Redding, however I do have some RCBS sets that work well. Redding is my preferred.
While @83cj-7 process will produce some good ammunition, that is just too many steps for me. I have a couple of rifles that I use bushing dies on and a couple that I have taken the expander balls out of and am using mandrels, I still have quite a few that I am just using a standard FL die set for and getting excellent results. Consistency is key. If you are on a limited reloading budget, rather than spend your money on a micrometer seating die and then spend your time chasing your tail by measuring COAL, you would be better served to spend that money on a good set of calipers, and a bullet comparator set. Measure your loads from the cartridge base to the ogive of the bullet, which will be much more consistent than the OAL length of the bullet due to the fact that tips get beat up in the box, so 1-5 thousandths of variance is normal. Also invest in a headspace comparator set so that you can measure how much your die is bumping your shoulders back. Those two things will increase your consistancy more than anything other than a good scale, in my experience.