26 Nosler Loads

Anyone else loading for a 26 Nosler? I’ve found that Nosler brass isn’t any good but lasts a few loads before the pockets get too loose to hold primers in. Other than that I’ve been happy.

Current load is 76.0 Grains of Retumbo with a 156 Berger. Velocity right at 3,200 FPS. Just wanted to see what else folks were getting good luck with for loads. I’ve shot a bunch of bullets but feel that shooting heavies gives the most benefit to this overbore cartridge.

Your primmer pockets are most likely going away due to pressure. Hodgdon lists a max charge of 67.5 gr. of Retumbo with a 140 grain bullet at 3010 fps.

Your primmer pockets are most likely going away due to pressure. Hodgdon lists a max charge of 67.5 gr. of Retumbo with a 140 grain bullet at 3010 fps.
Berger’s max data for a 156 is 78gr. Hogdon data for a 26 is BS. Barely above a 6.5 Creed

I was using N-570 in mine with the 156 before I sold it on. I would have to look and see if I still have my notes. Nosler brass was crap and was just about ready to start necking down ADG 28N brass before I sold it.

Back