New shocks for Ram 2500

HuntWyo

FNG
I’m running the fox 2.0 with adjustable reservoirs and they are awesome I live on a dirt road thats also a lease road for oil trucks and it’s gets rough to say the least but I’ve yet to have any problems with them and they’ve made the ride 10x better. I will agree though the fox shocks aren’t worth the added price until you get into the high end shit. I had Bilstein 5100’s before these and a buddy was running the fox 2.0 w/o a remote reservoir and we both couldn’t tell a different between the 2. You won’t see much of a difference until you start getting into shock that are adjustable. The only thing your getting with a remote reservoir that’s not adjustable is more oil for better cooling on long stretches of rough road where their is a lot of friction other than that they have the same rebound rate and everything. Your Bilstein 5160 are the same shock as a 5100 just with a reservoir for more oil for more cooling that’s the only different so it come down to what you want to spend and how much off road time your shocks will see!

MD97756

FNG
Bilstein 5100 on my dodge 2500. Been good since I rebuilt the front end a few years back.

Bilstein 5100s work great with stock suspensions.
Never...NEVER use any shock with an adjustable perch to raise ride height.
Preloading springs for the sake of looks (or tire clearance) is embarrassing.
If you need lift, get new springs...They're not that expensive.