243 Reloading Setup

Weldor

WKR
Me too but most of my hunting is out of state nowadays, so I haven't dabbled much with copper. My 3-4 attempts with copper bullets over the last 15 years has been frustrating.
I think was 2011 I got some decent groups with Hornady's GMX. I see they have a new one now. My 308 at the time liked them all sub moa at 100. Killed a cow bison with it ,worked like a champ.

Since you are just starting out, I don't think you would go wrong by just getting a set of Lee Reloading dies. They are cheap and don't have the bells and whistles of micrometer seating adjustment, but they just plain work. But if you plan on getting into the reloading hobby and running with it, then I would say get a decent set of redding dies.

My 243 with 85-100gr pills is fond of imr-4350. Shooters World, before they became expensive, provided excellent results with Long Rifle and Precision rifle.

Xstang77

FNG
I think often people get mixed up on all the hype of great brass, for me I've shot lots of the hornady brass and it worked great for me but I don't hotrod any of my rifles just mild reloads to get the job done. I'm getting 5-6 reloads on the same brass. I'm willing to bet that a good amount of reloaders out there can't shoot well enough to tell the difference in brass IMO. If you already have winchester just sort out 50-100 pieces and go to town.
I agree with this and follow the same policy.
My RP brass works fine in 243,I mostly sort my brass for different loadings but that's more so for testing.
Minute of small varmint accurate at 250 yards is more then good enough for me.