.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Does anybody know where you can find 77 TMK in stock?! I can’t find it anywhere. Only 69 gr

Thank you I’ll keep the Blackhills in mind. I should have clarified I was looking for bullets for reloading…but this may be a good alternative.

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you I’ll keep the Blackhills in mind. I should have clarified I was looking for bullets for reloading…but this may be a good alternative.
The NRA and CMP National Matches are this month. The 77SMK is more popular than the TMK in those games. However, Sierra may be saving a run for commercial row.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

CTXhunter

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_4051.jpeg
Big pig down with the 75 gr AAC Sabre ammo. I’ll continue to use this ammo for hogs and yotes through the offseason. The first round was on the run and hit in spin. Did not exit but obviously brought him down. One to the head to stop the squealing. Shit seems to fall when hit with the 75’s!

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
View attachment 733974
Big pig down with the 75 gr AAC Sabre ammo. I’ll continue to use this ammo for hogs and yotes through the offseason. The first round was on the run and hit in spin. Did not exit but obviously brought him down. One to the head to stop the squealing. Shit seems to fall when hit with the 75’s!

Keep the feed back coming, have 1k of them to load if I can find a powder they like

Eagerly waiting on the Southern boys to get some more data on the 75 grain sabre blade from AAC...looks promising and the price is unbeatable for loaded ammo. Nothing is open for killin' up North or id do the dirty work myself

A friend just grabbed 500 of the 75gr projectiles (fun fact, mid south sells them) to start working up a load for pig management stuff. I expect we will have some initial within a week or two as we are pretty overrun with them here in south FL.

CTXhunter

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 733974

Video of the 75 grain Sabre for those who care. Both CSN shots so take that for what it’s worth. Second hog needed a finisher to the head

I know your post is nearly a year old but I am new to the thread and playing catchup to the rest of you.

That is absolutly beautiful county you get to hunt! I would have a hard time shooting 2 bucks at once in fear of cutting my trip short. I would wait a week... then shoot 2 at once. I would hate to leave that location! Thanks for sharing with us.
Thanks! It is gorgeous up here. I live here, so I don’t have to worry about cutting my trip short. If I’m lucky enough to get two at once, I can still go out again in another week or two and get two more.

pbroski

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry, no pictures but I did shoot a decent sized black bear with .223 and 77 TMK's this past spring season. The muzzle velocity was about 2975 fps and the bear was facing head on at about 125 yards. Hit it in the center of the chest. It dropped in it's tracks and died within seconds. There was what looked like about 2 quarts of blood on the ground underneath it. Very impressive! Not my first .223 bear kill, but was first with the 77's.

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
I am up to page 298! I feel like I am back in school and trying to get my reading done every day. I cannot find the barrel profile information on the Tikka T3x light. At what range are you still obtaining 1800 fps at a 16" 16.5" barrel and same goes for an 18" barrel.

Part 2: are you doing a 1/2" thread on the barrel profile or a 5/8" thread? (Is the barrel thick enough if cut to 16" or 18" for a 5/8" threading?)

I ask as I do not have any 223 dedicated suppressors. Mine are all 30 cal and take the 5/8" threading. I could used an adaptor thread but prefer not...

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
I am up to page 298! I feel like I am back in school and trying to get my reading done every day. I cannot find the barrel profile information on the Tikka T3x light. At what range are you still obtaining 1800 fps at a 16" 16.5" barrel and same goes for an 18" barrel.

Part 2: are you doing a 1/2" thread on the barrel profile or a 5/8" thread? (Is the barrel thick enough if cut to 16" or 18" for a 5/8" threading?)

I ask as I do not have any 223 dedicated suppressors. Mine are all 30 cal and take the 5/8" threading. I could used an adaptor thread but prefer not...
Criterion shows the muzzle diameter as .610" at full length.

Take a pair of calipers and measure at 16 and 18 inches. I'm thinking no, though, for ⅝ threads. Good excuse for a .223 can.

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
Criterion shows the muzzle diameter as .610" at full length.

Take a pair of calipers and measure at 16 and 18 inches. I'm thinking no, though, for ⅝ threads. Good excuse for a .223 can.

Thank you. I do not have the Tikka yet. Have not been able to put my hands on one/taken the time to track one down to measure with calipers.

I am toying back and forth between converting an AR with a micro barrel and making it 16" threaded and add a stock or buy a Tikka and do the cut and thread.

I want the Tikka as I personally prefer the bolt. Bolts are quieter (no blowback noise and gas) and I tend to prefer the feel and handling. My pocket book like the idea of swapping a barrel and adding a stock. If I was able to do a 5/8" thread, that would be a pro for the Tikka!

Trying to justify the Tikka. If I go that route, I will end up putting it in a chasis so I can keep the weight down and have a light adjustable stock for me and squish it down for my daughter. (The AR is easier to adjust as that is how it would be built...)

My daughter is very young and like the idea of her running a bolt over a semi. Safety thing with young ones. She does great with her single shot 22lr on a tripod.

Just trying to get a rifle I can use and also very user friendly for my daughter. Any advise or suggestions.

jadkins223

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you. I do not have the Tikka yet. Have not been able to put my hands on one/taken the time to track one down to measure with calipers.

I am toying back and forth between converting an AR with a micro barrel and making it 16" threaded and add a stock or buy a Tikka and do the cut and thread.

I want the Tikka as I personally prefer the bolt. Bolts are quieter (no blowback noise and gas) and I tend to prefer the feel and handling. My pocket book like the idea of swapping a barrel and adding a stock. If I was able to do a 5/8" thread, that would be a pro for the Tikka!

Trying to justify the Tikka. If I go that route, I will end up putting it in a chasis so I can keep the weight down and have a light adjustable stock for me and squish it down for my daughter. (The AR is easier to adjust as that is how it would be built...)

My daughter is very young and like the idea of her running a bolt over a semi. Safety thing with young ones. She does great with her single shot 22lr on a tripod.

Just trying to get a rifle I can use and also very user friendly for my daughter. Any advise or suggestions.

I dealt with this with my kiddos too. They are 10, 8, 7. I started them all shooting when they hit 6. AR platform has been where I’ve landed for them. The adjustable length of pull for the biggest reason. I only put 1 round in the magazine when hunting. My son has taken 3 deer and my daughter 1 deer. All wjth ARs.

My primary deer gun for the kids is a 20” 223 wylde with a suppressor. They are all very accurate with it and enjoy shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk