.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

I was sent awhile back a photo of an elk killed with a 22 creed
Again it’s bullet placement and the type of bullet for the ranges intended.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
And where are all pic’s of the wounded animals that did not get harvested? People are so in to “look at me, look at me‘ I’m so wonderful. We never get the other side of the story.

OP
P

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Really?

Before you pass judgement, read the entire thread, learn how bullets kill, what makes a good bullet, what’s necessary for them to upset and deliver lethal performance, how to put together a lethal delivery system, learn to shoot, stay within the limitations and go kill shit.

The buck had a bum rear leg. There was no ligament in the ball joint on the hip and one leg was locked tight. I was told by someone I hunt with that leg injuries lead to opposite side antler abnormalities. Was a surprise when I walked up to him.

I see it frequently. Vehicle accidents and likely fence injuries.

Or a 22 Cal bullet.
@@

It was her choice to use the 77TMK out of her rifle. The choice was cemented at dinner the evening before departing on her hunt while discussing with friends rifle and bullet options. She was told ‘it couldn’t be done’. She knew better and decided at that moment there was no other choice. Lol.

Was it because you said it wouldn't work??

I know that would cement it for mine.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
Just a question, why not post the pic’s of the animals you wound? Why ignore it? We all see them. We see the animals that everyone with a tikka CM 6.5 shoots 200, 400, 600 plus, walks away and wonders whey the animal didn’t fall over like the internet said it would.

woods89

WKR
And where are all pic’s of the wounded animals that did not get harvested? People are so in to “look at me, look at me‘ I’m so wonderful. We never get the other side of the story.
All across this country this fall people have gone into gas stations to buy whatever ammo's on the shelf, stuffed it into rifles they haven't shot 10 times this year, gone into the field, taken offhand shots, shots at running deer, shots into the brush, shots further than they have ever verified drops, and then made very little effort to follow up. I know this because I hear about peoples experiences and cringe............

And that's not even getting into archery wounding rates. (Yes, I'm a bowhunter myself.)

I just don't think a guy with a 223 who shoots hundreds of rounds through it, knows his ballistics, knows his bullet performance, and knows his limitations is a real problem. From what I hear, we should make hunting with 30-06's unethical, because I have certainly heard of some atrocities being committed with them.........

Mlank

FNG
Really?

Before you pass judgement, read the entire thread, learn how bullets kill, what makes a good bullet, what’s necessary for them to upset and deliver lethal performance, how to put together a lethal delivery system, learn to shoot, stay within the limitations and go kill shit.
Yep, agree. As I see the kill photos, it seems to me like people have read this thread; had a change of heart or have been persuaded; and then humbly post their pictures as a final buy in to “it really works”.

cod0396

FNG
And here comes yet another contrarian. What is the purpose of making a comment like this? The thread is dedicated to showing how effective .223 can be with the right bullets. There is proof of this on pretty much every single one of the 27 pages. Lemme guess; you think .223 is too small for medium and large game, right?