22 ARC

slickyboyboo

Lil-Rokslider
You’re very confident, but I’m uncertain why as you’re clearly wrong on any level I’d measure it at. With all things being equal (bullet type, barrel length, optimal powder selection, comparable pressure) the 22 ARC is ballisticly slightly behind in every way.

I’m confident because I know I’m correct, plain and simple.

ChrisAU

WKR
I’m confiden because I know I’m correct, plain and simple.

iasip-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia.gif

No need I know what im talking about is correct.

Well, the fact is, you are not.

Physics is physics. You cannot in any way shape or form prove that a 90 grain bullet traveling 2800 fps (a bit more than the fastest max load velocity listed for Hodgdon loads, this one being 29.8 grains of H100V) will outperform even a 95 grain bullet at 3070 fps (the slowest max load velocity published by Hodgdon for the 95 grain TMK which is 37.0 grains of AA4064), let alone a 108 grain ELD-M going 3000 fps, which is about the average velocity for all max loads published by Hodgdon for a 6GT.

So, to quote Oscar Martinez, "I think you don't know what you are saying."

slickyboyboo

Lil-Rokslider
Well, the fact is, you are not.

Physics is physics. You cannot in any way shape or form prove that a 90 grain bullet traveling 2800 fps (a bit more than the fastest max load velocity listed for Hodgdon loads, this one being 29.8 grains of H100V) will outperform even a 95 grain bullet at 3070 fps (the slowest max load velocity published by Hodgdon for the 95 grain TMK which is 37.0 grains of AA4064), let alone a 108 grain ELD-M going 3000 fps, which is about the average velocity for all max loads published by Hodgdon for a 6GT.

So, to quote Oscar Martinez, "I think you don't know what you are saying."

Oh but I am, and I 100% know exactly what I’m saying.

ACHILLES

Lil-Rokslider
Shot with the 80eldms and varget yesterday out of a 20” ruger gen II
28.5gr at 2940fps (mild) was looking the best so far but the wind was 15mph so need to shoot some more.

Absolutely, He will tell you exactly what he told me.
1bd90fe34041458abf14db9230f77fbc.jpg

If he isn't getting 2825 out of his 6GT, then he has a super slow barrel or is shooting a pretty weak load. You could also read that statement as it shoots better than his 6GT bolt gun, not that it carries velocity further, or bucks the wind better, because it doesn't. That just isn't physically possible.

slickyboyboo

Lil-Rokslider
If he isn't getting 2825 out of his 6GT, then he has a super slow barrel or is shooting a pretty weak load. You could also read that statement as it shoots better than his 6GT bolt gun, not that it carries velocity further, or bucks the wind better, because it doesn't. That just isn't physically possible.

It shooting better than his, is what I’ve been talking about the whole time. I never said anything about a 110 A-Tip, only a 90 A-Tip. Y’all just assumed that’s what I meant. I’ve been chuckling about this the entire time as to how upset everyone has gotten about it.

OP
wind gypsy
The math here is pretty simple - 110 ATIP has a higher BC than a 90 ATIP. A 6 GT should be able to push a 110 just as fast as a 22 ARC pushes a 90. One person having a gun of one with ballistics that beats out the other isn't neccessarily objective..

My 6 creedmoor shoots 107s at 2800. There are 223s that can shoot 88's that fast. But 223s dont "outdo" 6 creed..

Last edited:

slickyboyboo

Lil-Rokslider
The math here is pretty simple - 110 ATIP has a higher BC than a 90 ATIP. A 6 GT should be able to push a 110 just as fast as a 22 ARC pushes a 90. One person having a gun of one with ballistics that beats out the other isn't neccessarily objective..

My 6 creedmoor shoots 107s at 2800. There are 223s that can shoot 88's that fast. But 223s dont "outdo" 6 creeds..

Go back and read one or two comments up.

OP
wind gypsy
Not trolling a soul. It’s not my fault they or you for that matter didn’t read and pay attention, and then assumed.
Either you are A) still trolling, or B) have personal issues with admitting you were wrong.

People got into specifics about why you were wrong, you avoided addressing that their specifics didn't apply to your statement.

slickyboyboo

Lil-Rokslider
Either you are A) still trolling, or B) have personal issues with admitting you were wrong.

People got into specifics about why you were wrong, you avoided addressing that their specifics didn't apply to your statement.

The answer is C) You are incorrect on all accounts.

Actually a 90 gr A-Tip out of a 224 Grendel/22ARC AR will outperform a 6 GT.

You're saying a case with 34.5gr capacity will outperform a case with 44.5gr capacity? A 6gt will run a 110 atip around 2900-2950 very easily. Let's not get crazy here, you're statement is very incorrect. I shoot 22gt as well, it'll run 90atips up around 3100-3200 depending on barrel length.

It’s not incorrect at all, and not crazy. That’s info straight from my rifle builder, and not just talk, but rather actual shooting experience.

You were specifically replying to khuber84 who asked a very specific question regarding velocity, not accuracy. You could have just stated, "No, by "outperform" I mean shoot more accurately for one specific person." Instead, you implied that khuber84 was the one who was incorrect and then did the same with me, and now Wind Gypsy.

When you put the statement you did from the get-go, you are insinuating that every 90 A-tip out of every 22ARC will perform better than any load in a 6GT. That is what your statement says, whether that is what you intended or not.