22 ARC Upper Recommendations

Looking to purchase a 22 ARC Upper during the holiday sale this week. The two options I am considering currently are Odin Works and Ballistic Advantage. With the sale, OW is $792 with charging handle and BCG. BA is $391 NOT INCLUDING BCG/CH. I'm more interested in the quality of the barrels. This will be a dedicated coyote rifle. shooting factory ammunition.

My experience with AR-15 style barrels has been BCM and Centurion Arms, which I was both impressed with (no 22 ARC offerings currently from those companies).

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

OP
S
Actually considering the same thing at this very moment. Considering a 22arc 16" Odin works upper. Strictly for coyote hunting.
I’ve done a lot of research lately. Satern/Liberty barrels seem to have the quality and precision I’m looking for in my price range. I’m on the fence with Odin and BA. Starting to lean towards Grendel Hunter with the Satern/Liberty or waiting for more of the market to bring out a few other options.

Let me know if you have any other insight.

jefe

FNG
Have saw those, I am def leaning towards a rifle+1 length gas system if I go 18", trying to end up with a light rifle if possible.

brockel

WKR

Recently put one of these together and it shoots very well. 75 grain eldm factory rounds are going 2900fps and 62 grai. Eldvt go 3150fps.

OP
S

Recently put one of these together and it shoots very well. 75 grain eldm factory rounds are going 2900fps and 62 grai. Eldvt go 3150fps.
How’s the quality of the upper receiver from that company? What were your group sizes with the 75 ELD-M’s and 62 ELD-vt’s?

brockel

WKR
How’s the quality of the upper receiver from that company? What were your group sizes with the 75 ELD-M’s and 62 ELD-vt’s?
It seems like a nice upper. I’m not much an ar guy but it’s definitely better than the bear creek arsenal and seems better than the aero precision I had. The 75 eldm was under 1” and 62 was just over 1”. That was just 3 shot groups as I only have a box of each. Shot steel out to 500 with it pretty easily.

jefe

FNG
I want to go 18 with a suppressor. What offerings are you seeing with the +1?
Not many, i thought at one time i spotted a BA 18" with +1 gas but must have been mistaken, I believe proof research and craddock both have them listed, ill keep looking.

OP
S
Not many, i thought at one time i spotted a BA 18" with +1 gas but must have been mistaken, I believe proof research and craddock both have them listed, ill keep looking.
I’ve called a few manufacturers and companies. Most said they did not see it as an issue with thr regular rifle length gas tube especially (under 20”). I’m going to go with a 18” Satern/Liberty Barrel.

I’ll shoot it and report back after some initial range time.

Curious as well. Wish more companies made this caliber. Looking 16ish light weight and accurate with the 62’s I have. Is star line making brass yet? I’m kind of holding off til a company has a barrel that peaks my interest.

jefe

FNG
I would prefer 16" also, there is a YouTube video out, can't remember the name, he is shooting a 16.5" barrel made by old south gun works? Also just saw another build on YouTube from Kentucky tactical with a 16" faxon barrel, waiting to see him accuracy test that one as well.