22" 280AI carbon barrel, does it exist?

Apparently I didn't do my response correctly. Here it is again.
I picked up the Heritage version and it is 2.8 pounds. There are some who have drilled it out and made it lighter. They show the weights in the gallery section when you click on more information. Here is the link: https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/gallery

I love the stock. That is why it is my profile picture. There are several models out there. The SS evolution is only 2 pounds. If I ever swap mine out, I might get one of the fancy models. Good luck. Post pictures if you do it.

That is barely heavier than the Greyboe Terrain I bought for a Origin build.

There's almost nothing that doesn't very close to 100% burn in the first few inches of a barrel. Complete combustion is not what causes longer barrels to shoot faster.
Ever swept up a range at the end of the day? POWDER EVERYWHERE. Even with fast burning pistol powder, there is some unburned powder. collecting all the unburned powder was actually fun. Mix of rifle, shotgun, and pistol powders and ligting a big pile of it on fire.

I picked up a Savage Ultralight .280 AI. The stock isn't the greatest, but I switched it out to a Boyd's Stock and it is gorgeous! It's dropped 2 elk and 1 bear so far. More to come...hopefully many more. What did you end up getting? I love mine! I want to get a second one for when I take my kids with me.
That’s a sweet tripod set up.

A second for Preferred barrels, they can make just about anything, they even have a reamer for the new 7mm PRC.

Back