204!

Hi,

I’ve been looking at 204 rifles and really want a Tikka, but almost impossible to find. So pretty much down to savage or CVA in my budget range ($700-800.) Has anyone shot a CVA in 204? Any suggestions?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
.204 is really fun. I shot the barrel out of this Sako 85 killing thousands of squirrels, rabbits, coyotes, etc.

If you can save up a little longer Sako makes some really sweet guns chambered in .204 or call EuroOptic and see what they might have. Might get lucky and find a Tikka or Sako they’re willing to make a deal on.

IMG_2129.jpeg

IMG_0211.jpeg

IMG_0606.jpeg
IMG_0604.jpeg

OP
C
.204 is really fun. I shot the barrel out of this Sako 85 killing thousands of squirrels, rabbits, coyotes, etc.

If you can save up a little longer Sako makes some really sweet guns chambered in .204 or call EuroOptic and see what they might have. Might get lucky and find a Tikka or Sako they’re willing to make a deal on.

View attachment 720178

View attachment 720175

View attachment 720176
View attachment 720177
Beautiful rifle! What scope do you have on top?

rbaney

FNG
My 204 is an older Savage model 12 single shot with bull barrel and the enlarged bolt handle. Such a pleasure to shot and extremely accurate. I am shooting the Hornady 40 gr Vmax factory loads. It does a number on the ground hogs here in PA.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My 204 is an older Savage model 12 single shot with bull barrel and the enlarged bolt handle. Such a pleasure to shot and extremely accurate. I am shooting the Hornady 40 gr Vmax factory loads. It does a number on the ground hogs here in PA.
My father in law still has his Savage model 12 stainless heavy barrel in .204. Talk about a tack driver of a rifle! Other than some random clickers here and there and fixing some things on the Accutrigger every once in a while, it's been a solid and accurate varmint gun for him. Very fun to shoot!

BigSky

WKR
No to your question about having shot a CVA. As to your request for suggestions, you might consider a Ruger American Predator until your sought after Tikka comes along. I had one and it was a true tac driver. It's also well within your budget.