2025 Wyoming Elk Draw/Questions

Mojave

WKR
Here is my 5 Schillingi

1. If you want to hunt elk every year and you don't have the cash to swing for land owner validations or guided hunts in Canada you are going to have to draw tags. So you need to be in as many elk points programs and state applications as you can do. You are going to draw a general in Wyoming in a few years and then be done. So start looking at getting your programs going everywhere else.

2. This will require a 3-5-10-years and hopefully someday plan. Some years you might get a cow tag, some years you might get nothing. Apply in multiple states every year. Hunt bears, deer and turkey in the same units every year. Build knowledge. You can hunt cows in most states without losing your bull points.

3. You have a lot of years of gaining knowledge to figure this out. This isn't really a resource. As much as I don't like the actual products the paid for hunting intelligence game Go Hunt, Eastmans and others will give you quite a bit of knowledge. They won't give you everything, and they will outright lie to you about what their data means. Know it is a guess based on last years data. That is all it is.

4. What is important to you. That is the key. I used to chase dream tags, but after a few years of not hunting because I couldn't draw a tag, nowI just chase experiences. If you are looking to fill your instagram page with 400 inch bulls, and you don't have the funds to invest in ranch hunts in Utah and Arizona governors tags you probably will never be able to do that.

5. Remember the draws are super cyclic. What took 5 points last year, might take 7 or 8. It most likely won't take 4. But it might. The Wyoming premium draw might only be 3 or 4 points.

Is it worth it? Only you can answer that. I used to have different ideas on the value of hunting. Some hunting to me has a lot more value than tag soup, or not drawing a tag and not being able to hunt.

Your spouse might also have some kind of a voice in what you can manage to do every year.

I have decided that we can get divorced or I can go hunting. Those are the two options. I am currently still married. I have completed 2 of the 6 hunts I have booked for this year so far. So it's looking good.

KHNC

WKR
Get ready to high step over endless amounts of beetle kill deadfall if you plan to hunt wyoming. Good news is, I will never apply for a GEN tag again in Wyoming. It just isnt worth it. And thats coming from someone that me and my buddy both killed elk with archery last week DIY.