2024 Spring Bear Thread

Moose8

FNG
I just need to know what company you work for! Have fun, good luck!
I'm just a lowly sales rep as well. Was just blessed to get the call for this one. It's certainly not a normal trip for our company either so don't get too excited haha

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
I'm flying out this weekend heading to Alberta for a black bear hunt. It's a company trip that one of our West coast reps couldn't make so I was "called up from the minors" haha. It'll be my first bear hunt but super pumped! I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can in the next few days so share/pm any important info. you think I need. Thanks everyone!
Y’all hiring?

ThatDUDE

WKR
I can't remember if I have asked this before or just been thinking about it. For you guys that hunt bears every year, what do you do with the hides? I can get euro-ing multiple skulls, but I have been curious about the hides.

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
I can't remember if I have asked this before or just been thinking about it. For you guys that hunt bears every year, what do you do with the hides? I can get euro-ing multiple skulls, but I have been curious about the hides.
Here in BC, meat retention is mandatory, hide is not. Most guys I know hunt bears for meat. They skin in place and leave the hide unless it's very large, or unique in some way.

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
Rugs. Got two. Now I’m working on a coat. Coats take at least two good sized bears.

Rug’em and decide on whether to keep it, gift it or sell it.

Dream bear with my longbow in Manitoba Canada.
362lb
7dde45b0e8d6acecacdf5c0c78656c4b.jpg

1b096cbac3a054ca3382be0618dd2dc3.jpg

11671035a1e92d7b493743ae2b20b280.jpg

e58ae7da3a5dc23548876763f80baf52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Like was said in another post, unless it's something really different or exceptional size wise. The hide stays at the kill site most often
We are hunting for the meat first usually.

Last edited: