2024 Plans & Gear Upgrades

Mosby

WKR
I've been buying some 20 gauge ammo, a second pair of upland paints and a couple new shirts. I also bought a bird bag, 3 toe tip releases and a remote bird launcher for training.

I'm hoping I can finish my Vizsla SH title this fall before the season starts.

OP
dkell

dkell

Lil-Rokslider
Probably late in the game, but I have been extensively thinking about it.

Grabbing a Rossi Tuffy Turkey .410 and throwing a RDS on it.

I'd get to do some testing and patterning with the intent to take it fall turkey hunting. All in sub 4 lb turkey gun which would lend itself to the way I like to turkey hunt.

Currently using my 12 ga Benelli duck gun which is bomb-proof, but also pretty heavy when I am banging out a lot of miles.

TBD.

Otto#14

FNG
Probably late in the game, but I have been extensively thinking about it.

Grabbing a Rossi Tuffy Turkey .410 and throwing a RDS on it.

I'd get to do some testing and patterning with the intent to take it fall turkey hunting. All in sub 4 lb turkey gun which would lend itself to the way I like to turkey hunt.

Currently using my 12 ga Benelli duck gun which is bomb-proof, but also pretty heavy when I am banging out a lot of miles.

TBD.
I recently purchased the stevens 301 and comparison to my buddies rossi it just seems like the stevens ate through every factory tss load better than the rossi. Who knows maybe i was just more comfortable with it after patterning, but just a thought to check that out as well!

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone is looking to upgrade their vest system i've listed my chief upland over/under bundle for sale in the classifieds. i also used it for turkeys in the spring.

TSAMP

WKR
I just picked up a new alpha 300 2 dog system. I work in technology, but coming from a beeper I think I just jumped in the deep end.

I just picked up a new alpha 300 2 dog system. I work in technology, but coming from a beeper I think I just jumped in the deep end.
just go ahead and get a garmin watch while your at it. youll thank me later. my 300 is on my vest but i hardly ever use or look at it during the hunt.

TSAMP

WKR
just go ahead and get a garmin watch while your at it. youll thank me later. my 300 is on my vest but i hardly ever use or look at it during the hunt.
I have one, it's not compatible and out of pure arrogance I will force myself to use the handheld only to really stick it to garmin.

IdahoM

FNG
Appreciating this thread. Replying to follow and get my message count up. Just found this site and am excited for it.

philthy

FNG
Lost my 15 year old GWP and have an 11 week old Small Munsterlander, so this year will be mostly about getting her exposed to the outdoors before we get serious about training in the spring. Gear wise, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a Final Rise Summit XT.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
No gear changes for me. But White-tailed ptarmigan is my main goal this season. Along with sharptail, sage grouse, huns and chukar.